The End

Y/N'S POV

I felt a cool salty breeze blow over my face making me groan. I wearily opened my eyes to see I was lying in a wooden hut. I grunted in pain as I got up from the bed. I pulled up my shirt to see bandages around my stomach. I slipped on the shoes which were next to the bed and lifted the thin veil over the entrance. I walked out to see a sandy shore ahead of me. So this was the safe haven everyone was talking about.

"You jerk!"I turned my head to see a bunch of kids messing around. Looking on, I saw a small settlement with people walking around or talking with one another. I stumbled as I walked around, watching in wonder while people worked with some stopping to watch me passing by. Looking in front of me, I saw Thomas, Frypan and Minho approaching me. I waved at them before Thomas pulled me into a hug.

"Thank god you woke up"His voice was muffled as he hugged me tightly.

"How long was I asleep?"I asked when he let me go, only for me to be pulled into more hugs from Frypan and Minho.

"Almost two weeks"Frypan replied.

"Please don't ever run in front of bullets again"Minho half-joked.

"I can't make any promises"I chuckled as they rolled their eyes"So, where's Gally?"I asked them, my heart pounding, dreading any more bad news.

"He's fine"Thomas assured me"He's just resting for the first time since we got here"

"He hasn't been resting?"I questioned.

"He wouldn't leave your side"Minho said softly"Wouldn't sleep, wouldn't eat. He wouldn't even shower. I'm surprised his smell alone didn't wake you up"I smiled at that before looking down. I saw the guys look at each other before Thomas took my arm.

"Come on, I want to show you something"I waved to Minho and Frypan as Thomas led me to a center area that had a huge rock in front of it with dozens of names carved into it. I ran my fingers over the names: Teresa, Winston, Chuck, Alby and.....Newt. I paused at his name, staring at it.

"I miss him Tommy"I said quietly.

"I miss him too _______"He put his arm around my shoulders"Gally said he found you clenching this"He opened his hand to reveal the tubular pendant which was now open"I found some letters inside"I looked up at Thomas as I picked up the pendant.

"What did they say?"

"I found one addressed to me and one for you"He pointed to the paper curled inside"Don't worry, I didn't read yours. Whatever Newt wrote, it isn't for me to know"He smiled softly at me"I want you to the keep the pendant. I have my letter, it's enough for me"He kissed my forehead and patted my shoulder before walking away.

I made my way to a cliff side just beyond the huts and sat down. I took a deep breath then with shaky hands, I pulled out the letter and read it.

Dear _______,

I don't know when I last wrote down something this important. Not since before the maze, I suppose. But I feel you need to read this because I know you're probably shutting everyone out like you do when things begin to wear down on you. But I can't let you do that, love. I can't let you waste away just because you believe I'm gone. I'm not, I promise.

I won't relay when or how I got infected but I've had it long enough to accept my fate. I'm not scared of dying but I am scared of forgetting those I love. Every night before I sleep, I've been saying their names over and over. Alby, Winston, Chuck. It reminds me of what we used to take for granted back in the glade; the sun shining over a new day, the wild yells of bonfire night and you.