The Scorch

Y/N' S P.O.V

"Come on!" We bolted up towards the fences "Come on, go! Go! We'll lose them in the storm!" We slid behind a sandy bank and watched the soldiers ride along on motorcycles.

"Okay, everybody, go go go. Stay low! Stay low!"Thomas whispered as we crouched "Teresa, hang on. Stay together"

"I think we lost them"Minho yelled.

"Keep going guys!"

"Watch out! Where are we even going?"

"Come on, Aris. Let's go. Come on!"

"Over here!" I put my arm to my face to block the winds, spotting a glass building of some sort.

"Come on!"Teresa ran towards it.

"No Teresa don't!" I ran after her. She looked down into a gaping hole and slid down.

"Get down here!"I cautiously followed her with Minho following me.

"Can you hold this?"I nodded as Minho riffled through his bag for a flashlight and turned it on. He shone it around the room, checking for dangers "Where the hell are we?"

"We gotta go"Thomas gestured for us to keep moving "We-ve got-"

"No! Thomas stop!" Teresa shouted making us all turn to her "Tell me what's going on"Thomas sighed as we all huddled.

"It's WICKD. They lied to us. We never escaped. Me and Aris, we found bodies. Too many to count"

"What do you mean? Dead bodies?"Minho whispered in shock.

"No, but they weren't alive either. They had them strung up. With tubes coming out of them"I ran a hand over my face as he continued "They were...They were being drained. There's something inside of us that WICKD wants. Something in our blood. So we have to get as far away from them as possible"

"Okay"Newt sighs"So, what's the plan?"

"You do have a plan right?"I crossed my arms as Thomas shook his head slightly.

"Yeah, I don't know"

"Well, we followed you out here, Thomas, and now you're saying you have no idea where we're going or what we're doing" Newt told him, the shake in his voice evident.

"Wait, Janson said something about people hiding in the mountains"Aris spoke "Some kind of resistance or army"

"The Right Arm"Thomas said. For some reason that name sounded vaguely familiar,  "The Right Arm. If they're really against WICKD, maybe they can help us"

"People" Newt looked from Aris to Thomas"In the mountains? Mountain people? That's your plan?"

"It's the only chance we have" We were interrupted by Winston who called out.

"Hey guys, come check this out"We went over to where we was kneeling "Minho, gimme a light" We saw footprints in the sand "Someone's been down here"We cautiously walked down and peered into a run down shop door. Minho shone his flashlight in before pulling the door open. We carefully explored the area.

"Looks like people lived here"Minho held up a dusty shirt.

"Where are they now?"I wondered aloud, gazing around with a flashlight.

"Let's pack some of this stuff up"Thomas dusted off a hoodie and pulled it on "Anything you think you might need. We'll split up, see what else we can find. Meet back here" Newt threw him a flashlight before Minho, Thomas, Winston and  Aris left. I checked boxes for anything useful but found nada.