First Day

Y/N's P.O.V

I groggily got up and stretched.My body was aching from tossing and turning the whole night not to mention all the images of needles, familiar voices and white rooms flashing through my mind.There was a knock on my door and Minho came in.

"Get up Greenie, we have to get you assigned today"He cheerily said."Get dressed, have breakfast and once you're ready, go to Alby's cabin. See you there" He nodded and left.

I got out of bed and freshened up. I brushed my hair back, I prefered my hair down, it made me feel safe. I kept a hair tie on my wrist just in case. I pulled on a shirt and trousers before heading out to the eating area, I saw some boys having breakfast and laughing before spotting me and looking away. I didn't feel like eating much, so I just got a sandwich and ate it on my way to Alby's cabin which I now thanked that he had shown me earlier.I finished my sandwich and knocked on the door.

"Come in!"

Gally's P.O.V

The door opened and ____ came in. She had dark circles under her eyes, none of us said anything as we all knew how hard the first night in the Glade could be.
"Alright ____, here's what we're going to do.We'll run through the rules then we'll tell you about the jobs and you tell us which one you would like to try out. Deal?"Alby said to her.She nodded in response, her face blank."There are 3 main rules.1.Everyone does their part. No slackers.2.Never hurt another Glader. You have to trust each other.3.Never go outside the Glade, unless you're a Runner.Got it?"She nodded and Alby moved on.

"Now you've met Minho, He's the Top Runner. It's his job to run through the maze and try to find a way out. This is Frypan."Frypan nodded from where he was standing."He's in charge of the kitchen and food.Clint and Jeff here are the med-jacks, they look after injuries and sicknesses."Clint gave her a small smile which she didn't return."Newt here is in charge of the gardens as well as my second in command"Newt lifted his hand slightly from where he was standing."And finally, we have Gally, Keeper of The Builders. Although he will insist for you to call him Captain Gally." I rolled my eyes as they all grinned.She still had a blank look on her face. Shuck, does this girl have any emotions?"So what do you think? What do you want to try out first?"

She pondered for a moment before replying "Building"We were all a little suprised at her answer but it was her answer."What?"She raised an eyebrow at us.

"Well we thought you'd want to be a runner"Minho sheepishly said"You were very quick on your feet"

"Building is what I want to do"

"Okay so I guess Gally you're in charge of her. Everyone is dismissed"Alby waved his hand as we left his cabin. ____ stood to the side waiting for me.

"Good Luck" Minho whispered to me"She's like the girl version of you but hotter"

"Slim it"I glared before walking over."Ready?"She nodded in response and we went to the builders section. "You're lucky, today all we have to do is some repairing and mostly just chopping 'cuz it's bonfire night"

"What's bonfire night?"

"It's a tradition we do on the Greenie's first night in the Maze.Although in your case, Alby wanted to wait until you had settled in a little bit.We make a bonfire, get drunk and have a fight off led by yours truly."She looked at me before rolling her eyes.We arrived at the section.I pointed out the different parts to her as she nodded in response."So you can pick a part and I'll help you through it"

She gazed intently around before looking at me and saying "Chopping"

"Are you sure? The axes can be very heavy and a little dangerous"