Too hot!

Gally's P.O.V

I gulped down some water as the sun scorched down on the Glade.I wiped the sweat off my face.The last few days had been a burning hell. Alby had even asked Minho not to run because it was too hot.I stared down at my roll call and noticed a certain lady hadn't come to check in yet. Sighing, I called Chuck over. He came over, his cheeks burning from the sun.

"Chuck, go and see if ____ is up yet"He nodded and ran towards to her cabin.I picked up my axe and went back to destroying old tables.

"She says she'll be here soon"I grunted in response and hacked a leg off the table. A while later, I felt a tap on my shoulder. I turned and found myself face to face with ____.

"I'm here"

"And late" Our eyes were locked in a gaze, her ___ hair was tied up bringing out her glittering ___ eyes."Well, you're going to help me disassemble these old tables and chairs"I tore my eyes away as she nodded, grabbing an axe and began removing the table legs. The sun shone down on us, sweat sticking our clothes to our bodies.I peeled off my shirt, working in my vest. I saw ____ wipe the sweat from her red, burning face.I threw her a bottle of water which she caught. We both sat down and drank our water in silence. She pulled off her shirt and tied it around her waist. The tank top clung to her figure and by glancing around I could see the other gladers staring. I cleared my throat and ____ looked at me.

"There's not that much chopping left so if you want, you can start on the breaking down of the chairs, that way you'll be out of the sun"I gulped down some water, watching her out of the corner of my eyes. She glanced around and her cheeks turned red.

"Everyone's staring" She muttered, frowning.

"Which is why it would be best for you to work out of the sun and in the shade."She looked at me oddly before giving me a small smile making my heart do a flip.

"Thanks Gally" I inwardly smiled at how easily Gally rolled off her tongue, wrapped up in her warm accent. I nodded at her and went back to chopping. ____ sat across from me and began dismembering the chairs. I swung my axe down splitting the table in half. I threw it in the bonfire pile. I saw ____ glance at me but I just shrugged it off. I lifted my axe high above my head, bringing it down hard on the table. I heard a sudden intake of breath and I saw ____ staring at me. Her ___eyes sparkling in the sun, her pink lips parted.

"Lost something?"I smirked, leaning on my axe as she blushed and went back to her table.

"Slim it" She glared at me before continuing to take out the bolts. I wiped the smirk off my face as Newt came up to us. She peered up at him with a small smile.I felt slightly irritated at how happy she was to see Newt.

"Gally, ___"

"What do you want?" I asked him.

"Alby wants ya"He shrugged

"Fine" I sighed and put down my axe.

"See ya shanks at dinner"He gave a grin to ____ who rolled her eyes.

"Finish that table and you're done" I muttered to ____ before walking to Alby's cabin.

Y/N's P.O.V.

I watched Gally go, his walk tall and proud.I hate to admit it but I think I'm falling for that shank. He had caught me staring at him earlier. I finished the table and put it with the rest. I cleaned my station and packed my tools. I smelled so bad, I needed a shower right away. I picked up my shirt and headed to my cabin. I heard a Glader whistle and I glared at him. He flushed and instantly looked down. Rolling my eyes, I closed my cabin door behind me and stripped. I let my hair down and stepped inside. The cold water melted away the sweat and heat of the day, I let out a sigh of happiness at the soothing sensation. I showered and turned off the water as I heard the bell ring for dinner. I changed into a light shirt and trousers. I groaned at the headache I was getting from the bag of rocks I called my hair. I looked at the scissors on my table, maybe it was time for a change. I took the scissors and chopped my hair off until it just brushed my shoulders. I tidied up and shook my head to get rid of the stray hairs. I looked at my reflection once more before heading to eat. As I got my food, I saw a few stares and heard a few whispers going my way. I felt my cheeks heat up as I sat down only to be joined by Newt, Minho, Chuck and Gally. They stared at me, Gally in particular.

"Lost something?" I smirked, echoing his words back to him as he rolled his eyes and sat down.

"Wow"Chuck awed.

"You look lovely" Newt smiled gently. I returned it with a small smile of my own as Gally started stabbing his salad.

"Glad I'm not in that salad's place" Minho joked, his grin dying down as Gally glared at him. The boys cracked corny jokes and apart from Gally scowling through out dinner which to be honest, I've gotten used to by now, I have to say even I had a smile on my face.Life in the Glade wasn't bad.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~