Answers (2)

Y/N'S P.O.V

"Come on" Minho led the way into the maze, to where Thomas had killed the Griever. Turning the corner, we found it and cautiously approached.It was horrifying to see the gory carcass remains of the Griever.

"That's disgusting" Zart wrinkled his nose.

"There's something in there" Thomas stepped closer.

"You mean besides a Griever pancake?" Frypan shook his head as I slowly stepped towards the body.

"Whoa what are you doing?"Zart asked me.I ignored him and stuck my hand inside the passage.I groped around in the slimy insides when all of a sudden, it came to life.

"I thought you said it was dead!"Frypan groaned as I got pulled back by Thomas.

"Was it a reflex? " I shrugged at Winston's question.

"Come on, let's try and pull it out" Thomas grabbed one of it's claws, the rest of us carefully following his lead"Okay ready? On three, one...two...three!" We tugged with all of our might, successfully pulling it out, landing in a heap against the wall.

"You okay Fry?" I held out a hand to Frypan to help him up.

"Thanks ___" I nodded and pulled him up as Minho walked over and picked up a Griever muscle. Tearing it off revealed a beeping sort of device.

"What the hell is that?" Thomas stared at the object. It was blank apart from a label with the letters WKCD and a small screen that read 7.

"Interesting" Minho looked over the object.

"Okay, whatever it is..." We all looked at Frypan "Can we take this up back at the Glade? Because I don't wanna meet this guy's friends"

"He's right" I glanced up at the sky"It's getting late, come on" I threw Zart his shovel and we made our way back.

~LATER AT THE MEETING CABIN~

"We found this.It was inside a Griever" I told Newt as he looked at the device.I saw Gally run a hand over his mouth and shake his head as our eyes met. I sighed and looked back at Newt.

"These are the same letters we get inside our supplies"

"Yeah. Whoever put us here obviously made the Grievers" I pointed out"This is the first real clue, the first real anything, we've found in over 3 years. Right Minho?"

"Right"

"Newt, _____ is right, we gotta go back out there"I stared at Thomas ignoring the warmth creeping on my cheeks as Gally burned holes through my skull "Who knows where this could lead us?"

Newt glanced at Gally whose frown deepened.

"You see what he's trying to do, right?"His tone tense"First he breaks our rules, then he tries to convince us to abandon them totally"I looked down as Gally ranted" The rules are the only thing that have ever held us together. Why now are we questioning that? If Alby was here, you know he'd agree with me.This shank needs to be punished" He finished and leaned his arm against the beam.Newt thought it over before handing the device to Minho.

"You're right.Thomas broke the rules.One night in the pit, and no food"

"Come on Newt! One night in the pit?" Gally outraged"Do you think that's going to stop him from going into the maze?"

"No and we can't have non-runners running into the maze whenever they feel like it" Gally crossed his arms and I couldn't help but admire the way his muscles were defined in that tight shirt"So let's just make this official. Starting from tomorrow, you're a runner"Minho nodded in agreement.

"Wow"Gally shook his head and turned to leave.

"Gally"Frypan reached out an arm to stop him but Gally shoved him away and stormed off.

"Thanks Newt"Thomas said as Newt nodded and looked away.

"Congratulations Tommy, Minho will train you"I gave him a small smile and squeezed his shoulder before going to follow Gally out.

I found him staring at my cabin door. He looked up as I approached, turning to walk away when I grabbed his arm and pulled him into my cabin. I locked the door behind me and faced him as he stood angrily in the centre of the room.

"Gally"I swallowed the lump in my throat as he glared at me. I felt a wave of panic and the tiredness of the last day wash over me, my hands shaking.I looked down and clasped them together" Please don't be mad at me"I whispered, my eyes getting watery"I'm sorry"

GALLY'S P.O.V
"I'm sorry" she whispered and looked at me. Her eyes were brimming with tears and her hands were quivering. I felt my anger begin to ebb away as I stared, shocked that one of the fearless and strongest people I knew was crying, not to mention it was breaking my heart to see my angel sad.

"Come here" I held my arms open to her.She sniffed and shuffled towards me.I wrapped my arms tightly around her and rubbed her back soothingly.

"I don't deserve to have you." She muttered into my chest"You're so sweet to me and I'm so sorry Gally "She looked up at me, tears streaming down her face" I'm scared, I just want to get out of this hell"I held back my thoughts and cupped her cheeks.

"There's no need to cry beautiful.I could never stay mad at you"I wiped her tears away with my thumbs" I know you're scared, we all are but we'll be okay"I kissed her cheeks, smirking slightly as blush dusted her cheeks"You're perfect for me, I wouldn't have anyone else"She reached up and pulled my lips to her.I fiercely kissed her, not wanting to let her go. We finally broke for air, panting slightly as we stared into each other's eyes. She pulled me into her hammock and I wrapped my arms tightly around her as she buried her head in my neck.

"I love you Gally"

"I love you _________"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Part 3 coming soon