Night in the maze (1)

Y/N's P.O.V

I stretched, my body aching after yesterday's run and got out of bed as sunlight poured into my room.Today I was back to building. I quickly washed up and changed into my clothes. I left my cabin and went to the eating area. I saw Frypan shake his head as I came into the kitchen.

"It's almost lunch"

"And?"I shrugged and grabbed an apple.

"I'm not a slave working non-stop to make you shanks food"I blew him a kiss as I headed to the builder's section.

"Right on time ____!" Dan called, waving me over frantically"I need a hand here"He struggled with a sled full of tree branches and a tree trunk. I grabbed the other rope and we pulled the sled over to the Builder's section.

"Thanks" He wheezed as I leaned on my knees,waving a hand at him.

"Dan! Did you bring the bark?" Gally shouted, walking over to us.

"Yep"Dan grinned at me before running to get his axe. Gally held out a hand to me as I stood up straight.

"Glad to have you back ____, even if you're extremely late"

"Awh, did Captain Gally miss me?"I smirked.

"Aaaaand I'm regretting it"He turned away with me following suit"Today we're doing repairs"

"Great"

"I've assigned Dan and Hank to the Homestead. If you want, you can work with them or do random repairs with me" He peered at me under his eyebrows as I pretended to think it over.

"Hmm" I grinned as he frowned"I'm kidding hun. Of course I want to do random repairs with you"I put on my tool belt as he rolled his eyes, a small smile playing on his lips. We headed to the kitchen to fix the roof where Minho burned it. I felt a smile tugging as I patched up the roof and jumped down, remembering him dancing with a stick on fire, acting as the 'Fire King'.

"I'm glad that you find repairs so entertaining"Gally whispered into my ear making me blush. I faced him as he wrapped his arms around my waist.

"Oh yeah, just thinking of Minho m-"I laughed as Gally's face reddened into a scowl"I'm joking love, you're the only one who I can't get off my mind"I pecked his nose.

"Good"He gruffly nodded and moved a lock behind my ear. I smiled, blushing as he smirked. I slipped my arms around his neck and kissed him softly. He rubbed small circles on my hips, tugging me closer as I turned my head slightly. We parted for air, staring into each other's eyes.

"I wish you don't have to run, then I can spend more time with you"Gally mumbled.I chuckled and ran my fingers through his hair.

"I'm gone for a day"

"Exactly"

"Such a sweetheart"I rolled my eyes.There was a knock on the door and I shoved him away as Frypan stuck his head around the door.

"I need to make lunch so y'all done?" I looked up at the drying roof.

"Yep just be careful it's drying"We packed up while Frypan began cooking. My gaze matched with Gally's and I sent him a wink just as he smirked at me. I held back a laugh and made my way to the builder's section.We put our tools back as it began to rain. I stared up at the sky in amazement as Gally chuckled at me.I turned to him, a huge smile on my face.

"It rains?!"

"Yeah, it does"He laughed as it began pour"C'mon! Otherwise you're going to catch a cold" We covered our tools and ran towards Homestead. We ate our lunch in the hammock room as the rain lashed. After lunch, I sat on floor staring at the rain, fascinated. I saw Gally and Newt discussing something, their faces stern. The rain stopped and they made their way to the gates. I followed them as we all made a crowd around the entrance.I looked up at the darkened sky, a knot in my stomach as I stared at the Minho and Alby-less entrance tunnel.

"C'mon guys, can't we send someone after them?" Thomas sighed. I nodded in agreement as Gally shook his head.

"It's against the rules.....Either they make it back or they don't"

"We can't risk losing anyone else"

"Please guys, get your bloody arses here" I groaned.The sky rumbled and a wind blew making us wince and cover our faces with our arms.We heard the creaking of the gates and I felt my heart clench.

"There!"Thomas pointed.We heard moaning and a shape in the distance.

"Wait. No, something's wrong"Newt said as we saw Minho carrying Alby on his back.

"C'mon Minho, you can do it!"Chuck yelled making us all cheer and encourage him.The gates began to close as Minho laid Alby down and grabbed his foot, dragging him.

"You have to leave him!"Gally yelled.

"They're not going to make it"Newt said in shock.I saw Thomas look around then into the maze. I realised what he was thinking and grabbed his hand, he looked at me before back at the maze entrance.I nodded my head confidently and we ran through the crack with everyone yelling, landing on the stone ground as the maze closed up behind us.We panted, staring at the huge wall before turning to Minho.He wheezed, leaning on his knees. I ran to him as he shook his head at me and Thomas.
"Good job you just killed yourselves"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Part 2 coming soon