Limbo

Y/N'S POV

"What the bloody hell are you doing 'ere?"I opened my eyes to see Newt looking down at me. He looked normal, his face was clean shaven and his eyes were their regular dark brown.

"Newt!"I leapt up into his arms as he laughed and swung me around"But wait...how is this possible?"I asked him when he put me down"Am I dead too?"

"Well, you did jump in front of a gun"He shook his head at me"Again"

"The bullet was going to kill Gally"I said quietly, looking away"I couldn't let him die too"

"And what about your life _______?"He gently spoke"You really think Gally wants a life without you?"

"Gally deserves better than me, Newt"

"Perhaps"I looked at him as he shrugged"But he wants you because he loves you"I sighed at his words, sitting down on white ground. I looked around to see white nothingness while Newt sat beside me.

"What is this place?"

"I'm not sure"

"I mean is this where we go when we die? It's a bit of a let down if I'm honest"I muttered making Newt chuckle.

"You're not dead, not yet at least"He said"And yes before you ask, I am dead"I closed my mouth with a snap at his words.

"So you're just a figment of my hallucinations while I lie in limbo"I muttered.

"And what's wrong with that? It gives me a chance to see you again"This made me smile at him as he brushed my hair back behind my ear"Gally truly is the luckiest slinthead in the world because he has your love"

"You have my love too Newt"I slipped my hand into his as I said this but he shook his head.

"Not the way Gally does. I knew a long time before you revealed it that you loved him and I hate to say it but I despised him for it"He chuckled"I always thought, man he's got to be just phenomenal in bed for _______ to put up with his shit, plus I'm clearly way better looking" I laughed loudly as he said this making him wiggle his eyebrows"So you agree I'm better looking?"

"I'm not answering that you twat" I giggled

"I know the real answer anyway"He grinned"Ah who knows, maybe I'll get lucky in the next life and get your love before he does"We sat in silence for a while, just holding hands.

"I can't stay here can I?" I sighed.

"Do you want to?"Newt raised his eyebrow.

"I don't know. I'm scared I'll forget all this ever happened when I wake up"

"You don't have to remember everything to know it happened love"

"But if I leave, I'll never see you again"I sniffed, my tears starting to fall down my cheeks.

"_______, I won't truly leave you. You know that" He ran his thumb across my cheeks, wiping away my tears"You're a strong person _______, now I need you to be strong for everyone okay?"

"Of course Newt"I hugged him tightly, burying myself in his chest as he kissed the top of my head. I looked up at him, taking him in for the last time. He brushed away the stray hairs from my face as he held it in his hands before softly kissing my forehead.

"I love you _______"

"I know"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~