What Is That..2

Dad- "Want to tell me why Catherine dropped you off"? I asked as I walked into my office and stood in front of her

Lissy- "You know how I told you that I was going over to my friend's house to work on a group project"?

Dad- " Yes," I said, crossing my arms against my chest

Lissy- "Well, I kinda lied."

Dad- "How did you kinda lie to me"?

Lissy- " Well, I didn't go over to my friends' house to a group project."

Dad- "So you lied to me about going over to a friend's house..."

Lissy- "I didn't lie about that."

Dad- "But you did, Allyssa. You implied that you were going to a friend's house from school. Last time I check, Catherine doesn't go to your school."

Lissy- "So what if I lied? At least I didn't meet up with some guy."

Dad- "Which you are never to do, Allyssa."

Lissy- "Which one"?

Dad- " First off, lose the attitude. Second of all, you know better than to lie to me, and thirdly, you are to never meet up with anyone that I don't know. Is that clear"

Lissy- "Yeah yeah."

Dad- I grabbed her arm and landed a swat to her bottom

Lissy- "Okay, okay...I got it"

Dad- "I mean it, Allyssa."

Lissy- "Sure, Dad"

Dad- "Are you sure, Allyssa? Do you understand what I'm saying"?

Lissy- " Yes, yes l understand."

Dad- "Good. Because if I ever hear, see, or catch you meeting up with someone I don't know. You and I will be having a very, very long conversation. Is that clear"?

Lissy- " Yes, Dad"

Dad- "That doesn't mean you can't tell if I know the person. You are to tell either way."

Lissy- "Yes, Sir. Are you mad that I went to go see Catherine"?

Dad- " No, why would I be"?

Lissy- "Since you two aren't together anymore."

Dad- "Just because we aren't together anymore doesn't mean I want your guy's relationship to end. I'm happy that you have Catherine to go to and talk to. But next time tell me that you want to go talk to her"

Lissy- "I will"

Dad- "Is there something else that you need to tell me"?

Lissy- " Nope. Nothing else"

Dad- "Then end of the discussion of that. By the way, what did you want to talk to her about."

Lissy- "Girl things."

Dad- "Ok"

Lissy- "You're not going to ask me more of what we talked about"?

Dad- "No, I'll leave whatever you girls talk between you two. I'm not going to interfere."

Lissy- "Thanks, Dad"

*Next Day*

-Morning-

Dad- "Lissy! Breakfast"!

Lissy- "Be there in a sec"! I said, tying my hair up into a ponytail.

(Five minutes later)

Dad- "Allyssa! You are going to be late for school, and I'm going to be late for work if you are not down here in the next few seconds"!