🦃 Thanksgiving Pt 3 🦃

Lissy- We headed into the house and I set the table down in the living room. I plopped myself down onto the couch with my arms crossed. I sat there thinking about what happened in the last hour. I was upset that my Dad found my second phone.

-30 minutes later-

Lissy- Soon I hear the doorbell ring and I hear my Dad answering the door. Tani, Junior, and his parents were the first ones to get there. Soon Adam, Lou, and his family, Quinn, Kamekona, and Noelani, Duke came in afterward. They said hi to me and I said hi back but I didn't engage with them.

-Outside-

I'm sitting on the folding chairs next to the table in the backyard we had set up. I sat there staring at the sea. I got lost in my thoughts. I see Tani walking over to me and couldn't help but groan. I didn't feel like talking to her or anyone.

I look up and see my Dad sending me a warning glare. Oops...guess my Dad saw me. I look away but I still felt my Dad's eyes on me. I looked back over at him and I was right. He was still looking at me. He mouths at me 'behave'. I was about to roll my eyes again but saw my Dad's face, I changed my mind.

Tani- "Hey Lissy"

Tani- "Hey Lissy"

Lissy- "Hi Tani"

Tani- "So how are you doing"?

Lissy- " Good"

Tani- "Anything new with school"?

Lissy- " No," I said. Then she kept asking me questions about how was my Thanksgiving break was going.

Tani- "Are you okay"? I asked

Lissy- "Yes I am"

Tani- "Lissy"

Lissy- "What"?

Tani- "Are you"?

Lissy- " Yes I am"!

Steve- I cleared my throat loudly

Lissy- I looked up and saw my Dad with his arms crossed. I knew he wanted me to apologize for my outburst

Steve- I looked at her giving her a look that she should apologize to Tani.

Lissy- "Tani"?

Tani- "Yes"?

Lissy- "Just leave me the hell alone"! I yelled and got up from the table. I then went inside and slammed the sliding door.

_________________

Steve- "Excuse me. I'll be right back," I said setting down my beer on the table

Danny- "Steve," I said putting my hand on his arm to stop him

Steve- "It's fine. I got this" I said

Danny- "Are you sure"? I asked. Knowing that one of Steve's pet peeves is his daughter being rude or disrespectful.