Chapter 1- reunited with my best friend. ((edited))

CHAPTER 1

“JOANNA PAULA!” My mum called for me downstairs followed by a beep of a car. I hurryingly grab my things and ran downstairs, nearly tripping myself at the end of the stairs.

“I’m going to miss you honey” She said as I meet her by the door, her smiling sadly.

“So am I mum,” I said, the cab beeped again, obviously impatient.

“I’ll ring you when I get there mum, I love you” I ran out towards the cab, making a mental note not to give him a tip for being impatient. I got inside, getting comfortable at the back seat.

“I love you dear” My mum mouthed at me. I weakly smiled at her as the car pulled away our driveway.

I sunk down in the backseat of the cab, thinking of what might happen in London. Let me tell you a bit about myself. I am Joanna Paula Cowell, and yes, I am Simon Cowell’s niece. I am 17 and was born on September 14, 1995 at Mullingar, Ireland. I am Irish-British, I grew half of my life in Ireland, because it is where my dad grew up and in the other half of my life, I lived in Cheshire, England, where my mum grew up.

I have a twin sister, Joanna Marie, who loathed me from the day we were born.  My Mum and Dad separated when Marie and I were 9 and Josh—our big brother—was 15.

Josh? Well Josh was my best friend at home. He always understands me, and take cares of me like a knight in shining armor. But, he’s gone now. I just want to think he’s dead. But I know he isn’t, it just makes things easier if we think of it that way.

My mum had a best friend in Cheshire named Anne Styles; they were really, really close friends and when my parents separated, we moved to the vacant house beside the Styles’.

We treated each other like one big family. We got along together very well. The youngest of them, Harry, became my new best friend after Josh went missing. He was like a replacement, but I didn’t think of it that way.

It’s been 8 years since I moved here to Cheshire, and yet I’m moving again. Alone now.

I am heading to London because Simon called for me. I should be calling him ‘uncle’ but he doesn’t want me to, he said it is making him look old. Simon and I were really good friends and I’m closest to him after Josh- who’s gone now- Harry and my Mum.

Oh and where’s Harry now? Apparently he went to London to audition for the X-Factor. I never really heard anything from him since then, in fact, I’ve been keeping myself since he was gone. I haven’t talked to anybody next door.

Simon called me to collaborate and co-write some songs with a famous British-Irish boy group, ‘One Direction’ since I was a song writer. He also told me that I’ll be living in London until we finish this album they’re making.

The cab stopped and drops my bags at the Train station.

*4 hours later*

I was walking out of the London train station when I read a card saying ‘Joanna Cowell’ I walked to the holder of the card and he greeted me,

“Hello Miss Cowell, I am Christian Woods, your driver, as sent by Mr. Simon Cowell, you can call me Chris” He reached out his hand to shake mine and I gladly shook it.

“It’s a pleasure to meet you Chris” he got my bags and we went straight outside to a black BMW.

“Whose car is this?” I asked in awe.

“This belongs to Mr. Cowell, Miss” He answers as he put my bags on the baggage part of the car. We got in and the car ride was pretty fast.

“Here we are” Chris said, stepping on the brakes.