Chapter 22- the cliche line. ((edited))

CHAPTER 22

NIALL’S POV—

*Greg’s Wedding*

“Niall, hurry up and fix your bowtie!” Mom scolded me. I just don’t feel okay. I’m having bad vibes. I went to the mirror and fixed my bow tie. My brother is very lucky. Considering he’s already getting married. To the girl he loves.

“Greg! Congrats bro” I said to him, shaking his hand.

“Thanks Niall. And thanks for being here to. Besides your job, yeah?” He chuckled.

“Niall!” A familiar voice shouted from behind.

“Aunt Belle!” I said, running towards her. She gave me a warm hug.

“How’s my favourite leprechaun?” She asked. She used to live in the house across us. Okay, you got me, she’s Paula’s mom.

“I’m fine Aunt Belle, so, how’s life in Cheshire?” I asked.

“Very well. Marie’s staying with me though, do you know why? She won’t open up with me” She said sadly.

“I think it’s personal” I shrugged.

“So, can I tell you something?” She asked.

“Um, sure?” I said. It turned out more of a question.

“I don’t like that Cody guy for my daughter!” She whispered/yelled.

“And you mister are going to get her back or else you’ll face the consequences Annabelle Cowell is going to give you. Do you understand?” She said. Oh wait, I forgot.

“I promise Aunt Belle” I said, raising my left hand.

“Good”

“Oh wait, Aunt Annabelle, I want you to meet someone” I said, smiling. She gave me a confused expression as I lead her towards Josh and Gemma. Josh has his jaw widened and Gemma smiling.

“Gemma dear!” Aunt Belle exclaimed, hugging Gemma.

“Hey Aunt Belle, I want you to meet my fiancé” Gemma winked at me and then smiled at Aunt Belle.

“This is Josh Angelo Cowell, my fiancé” And with that, Aunt Belle burst into tears. And so did Josh.

“Just hug already!” Denise said behind me. Then we all laughed as the mother/son hugged. This was a very special day. For them of course.

“You look wonderful Denise” I said as I turn to her.

“You don’t look bad yourself Niall” She smiled.

“Oh crap, I should be by the altar!” I said, realizing that the bride is already here and I’m the best man.

“I’m so sorry Greg” I whispered to him as the bridesmaids walk down the aisle. He just gave me a mild chuckle.

The wedding ceremony ended with the cliché line, “You may now kiss the bride.”

I imagine, right there, on the very altar. I would be kissing Paula when the priest says that. And I just hope that day would come. The people around started moving. Not wanting to lose a parking slot at the reception venue. Yay reception, food, my glorious food. There were hundreds of people around but I decided to get into the mob too.

“Niall!” I hear a familiar voice shout behind me. It was in a pleading tone that’s why it bothered me. I turned around and try looking for somebody that matches the pleading voice. I just shrugged after a few minutes, thinking it was just in my mind. I took my car and rode towards the reception. And luckily one spot was left for my car. I got down and went into the venue. It was pretty huge, but there was still a mob. Why? Some people went straight here without heading to the church.

“Enjoy the food!” Greg said through the microphone and everyone started to pile up the queue at the buffet. I grit my teeth once I saw a brunette talking to the wedded couple.

It was Cody.

What the hell is he doing in here?

Wait.

Look at the bright side Niall.

(a/n hit the vote button right now! pwease? You're done? Thanks bby Ilysm)

If Cody is here,

Paula is!

Oh my goodness Niall.

You’re the sexiest genius ever!

Okay I have to stop that.

I went over Greg and Denise’s table while Cody is there.

“Congratulations to my handsome brother and his beautiful wife” I said. I watched Cody’s priceless expression. But he wears it off as soon as he notices me staring.

“Oh Cody, I want you to meet Greg’s brother, Niall Horan. And Niall, I want you to meet my half-brother, Cody” Denise smiled.

“Hey, it’s nice to meet you” I said, reaching for his hand.

“You too” He said, shaking mine.

“Hey Niall, would you mind singing a song for us later?” Denise asked.

“Sure thing” I grinned.

“Oh wait; you’re the one from One Irection, right?” Cody smirked.

“One Direction” I corrected him, “and yeah”

“Wow, we have a superstar here!” He teases.

“When are you getting married Cody?” Greg asks. Goodness, is this necessary?

“Soon, I just have to get my girlfriend to say yes, which she’s going to” He replied confidently, glancing over me. I rolled me eyes. In your dreams asshole.

Cody excused himself and my eyes followed his path. He stopped on a table and asked the other guy on the table something. The guy shook his head and Cody pounced at the table. His eyes were searching over the whole room and ran his hands through his hair once in a while.

“I have to go, excuse me” I said to Greg and he nods. While Cody’s busy looking for someone, I get my eyes off him and went to the loo. The loo was for one person only. One for boy and another one for girls. Weird. I entered and noticed its wall, it was pink. What? Then I realized it was a girl’s loo. Oops. I heard a whimper below me. I looked down and there was a girl!

“Um, you okay miss? I asked, kneeling down. She shook her head.

“What’s the problem?” I asked. She looked up and I recognized the pair of green eyes.

It was who I was looking for.

Paula.