Chapter 14- i am free. ((edited))

CHAPTER 14

PAULA’S POV—

“What did you remember?”

I turn around and what I saw was a quick but slow-motioned event. I don’t even want to remember it. My mind is clouded.

 Everything feels dizzy.

 It was breathtaking.

Which one?  I think I could tell you.

 One by one I guess.

I turned around and... There was Niall. I was cursing him at the back of my mind because he just pushed me to the sidewalk. Then there was this blue car. It was driving fast. And a second passed... Niall was on the road, bleeding. He was on the edge of his death, I think. I panic as I run to him, screaming for help. I put his head on my lap, thinking how to save him. I reach for his phone and dialled the first number on it.

“Hello?” I said, breathing heavily.

“Um, hi?” a girl’s voice answered. I expected on of the boys would answer. But I couldn’t think of anything but Niall at the moment.

“Pl-please h-help us, I-I’m w-with Niall in the D-dark street. Please” I said between sobs.

“WHY? WHAT HAPPENED? I’M GOING TO CALL AN AMBULANCE NOW!” She said before hanging up.

I look at helpless Niall, whose eyes are closed and head is bleeding. I keep my hands on his chest to see if he’s still breathing. My right hand caresses his cheeks. My mind is a bit stable now. What happened? Niall got hit and run. Why did he push me? He wanted to save me. Save me. Save me. Why did he want to save me? Does he still love me? No. I guess. I don’t want to hope we’re going back together. Although I want that to happen, I wouldn't want to bring myself down.  My thoughts cloud again. My head hurts so badly. The wind brushes against us as we stay at the middle of the road. I can’t leave him here, I can’t carry him neither; he’s too heavy for me. Tears fell down on Niall. Of course it wasn’t his tears, they were mine. I lean down to him, hugging him.

“P-Paula” Niall said weakly. My face lights up at the moment I heard him. He’s awake! I told myself. I pull back from the hug.

“Yes Niall?” I look down at him. I can’t help but smile at the situation.

“Are you, okay?” He said, still weak as he did.

“I’m better than okay now that I see you awake” I said.

“I love you” He whispers. Do I love him too? I don’t know. I got to live without him, what more can I ask? I stay silent. And only our heavy breaths made sound.  Niall sighs in disappointment. I guess he do love me.

Red lights.

The ambulance came in a hurry, drifting Niall away from me. I just stay there on the ground until a nurse dragged me into the ambulance. I remember seeing Niall close his eyes before he was taken in the hospital.

I was taken in a room down a long hallway.

“How do you feel?” the doctor asked me. I have already looked on her place card on her desk and written on it was: ‘Dr. Melanie Carter; psychologist’

“Me head is fluffy” Is all I can say. I can’t describe how I feel, the anxiety, the worry, the nausea, everything. And she takes it down.

“What did you remember?” She asked. And I tell her everything. From the text message to the hit and run accident.

“And how did you react to it?” She asked, referring to our break-up. Wait, why did this conversation is now about our break-up? Hell, why am I here? A psychologist, for what?