Chapter 28- for me. ((edited))

CHAPTER 28

NIALL’S POV—

It’s been 4 days.

4 days since I’ve been with her.

4 days since I last saw her smile.

I felt a tug on my left rib. I let out a sigh. I stood up and look over the lads. They all gave me a reassuring smile. I started walking towards the stage near her casket.

Thump. Thump. Thump.

That was my heart beat. The closer I get to the stage, the faster it beats. As I reach the microphone, I fix my tie. She would be fixing my tie for me, on our wedding day. I took a deep breath and started.

“Have you ever felt like the world was crushing beneath you? Like you were completely dead yet your physical self was still alive?” I took another deep breath. People were muttering to themselves.

“Well I did,” I continued. “I felt the same way when I saw the love of my life, in front of me, losing her precious life.” I paused. Taking all my courage to continue. “All that was running into my mind that moment was,” A tear slipped from my eye as I try to reminisce the dreadful moments last four days. “I was begging the Lord to take me instead of her. To exchange lives with her, to make her live” Sobs were visible in my voice. “But it was already late; she was losing too much blood.”

 Harry stood up and walked to me, giving me a bottle of water. I chugged up half of it and gave Harry a weak smile before he got back from his seat. “’We’ve been through a lot of things together. And all I want for you is to live and pursue your dreams. I love you my leprechaun, to infinity and beyond’ That was her last words to me. She left me with that. That was when I felt my world was crushing, trembling within me. ” I was crying so hard I had to stop.

I feel Zayn come over me and offered to place me back to my seat. I refused and he went back to his place, I continued. “Paula was one very special girl. Ever since I first saw her in that swing when we were both young, I knew she was something. Ever since that day, I was happier than ever, until the dreadful day she had to leave. True, it was dreadful. I thought we would never meet again. So I made a plan. I took her to a garden. I brought an onion ring with me, since I’m too young to buy a real ring” People laughed.

I didn’t though, even though it was also my intention to make them laugh in such a hard time. I haven’t laugh in a long time.

“I kissed her there. I took her first kiss. It was simple. But what made the scene better was the promise we both kept. The promise that lived up to today.” I stopped. People were muttering all over again. I skipped the promise part and moved on.

“One day. A very pretty lass came knocking’ on our door with Simon. She first introduced herself as Marie.” I said. I can see Marie shocked on her seat while Harry was red. “It turns out that she was pranking Harry. Then, typical Zayn flirted with her and I got jealous.” Everyone was laughing again, Marie was playfully slapping Zayn’s arm.

“I was like ‘No Niall, you don’t even know her’ but I’m still jealous. Days after, we got incredibly close and comfortable with each other. Then one night, since she was my roommate, I heard her dream about me. And there I knew she was my Paula. The next day, I took her to a garden in London by the bay. The garden keepers agreed to remodel the garden to make it similar to the ones back at Mullingar. I took her there and this time, I bought a real ring. I admitted to her that I was Niall back from Mullingar and we promised again. Like the one we promised before” I paused again. I decided to skip the promise. It hurts. To remember promises I know I won’t be able to keep.