Harley Keener x Reader

Dedicated to dark8666

Up next: Bruce Banner x Reader

Later: Mysterio x Reader

   Y/N'S POV

  It was exhausting being over a team that didn't want to work together. How hard was it to follow a few, simple instructions? Maybe I needed to raise my voice a little more or kick someone off the team.

  Peter hung upside down beside me and said to me,"Y/N, maybe we should give everyone a break, huh?"

  I said,"I don't think so. We haven't made any progress yet. Everyone's still terrible!"

  Shuri said to Harley,"What did she say?"

  I looked Shuri in the eyes and smirked saying,"You heard me. Would you like for me to say it a second time? Maybe a third?"

  Kamala said,"Okay, maybe we should just separate for a little bit."

  Peter said,"That's a great idea, Kamala! Everyone, be back here in ten minutes!"

  Shuri rolled her eyes, before Peter talked her out of saying anything to me. I needed to sit down. I couldn't stand up any longer.

  I just sat down on the floor.

  Harley sat down beside me and said,"You're very rude, Y/N."

  I shrugged saying,"People are going to be worse to them out there, so it's no big deal."

  Harley said,"It is a big deal, Y/N. You're the team leader. It's your job to make sure that this team doesn't fall apart, but you're causing it to fall apart."

  I said,"How am I causing this team to fall apart? This team is falling apart because no one wants to work together."

  Harley made a face saying,"No one wants to work together because no one sees you wanting to work with anyone else. As rude as you are to us, Y/N, you're still the team leader. We still want to learn from you."

  I told Harley,"I work with people. I work with Peter."

  Peter said,"No, you don't work with me, Y/N. You work against me. You're worse than Nova."

  I sent a look Peter's way, but Peter just said to me,"It's just the truth, Y/N. You're rude, and it feels like you enjoy working against me."

  I stood to my feet saying,"I need to go. That way if I'm gone, you don't have to worry about working against me Parker."

  Peter sighed saying,"Y/N..."

  I walked out and quickly made my way home. Once I made it inside the house, I noticed Morgan watching a movie.

  Morgan looked over and noticed me.

  She smiled and rushed to me yelling,"Y/N!"

  I hugged her and smiled saying,"Hey, Morgan. What are you watching?"

  Morgan said,"I don't know."

  I chuckled saying,"You sound like me. Where's Dad?"

  Morgan pointed upstairs. I thanked Morgan, then I jogged up the stairs and knocked on Dad and Mom's bedroom door.

  Dad opened it and smiled at me saying,"Hey. What are you doing here?"

  I said,"I just wanted to be home. I was going to talk to you about something, but I'm going to get back to the team."

  Dad just nodded and said,"Be careful, Y/N. Make sure that Morgan doesn't follow you."

  I nodded and snuck out. I made it back to the team, noticing everyone gathering around the table and laughing together.

  I asked them,"What's so funny?"

  Kamala said,"Nothing. You wouldn't laugh at it."

  I just said,"Oh."

  Kamala quickly said,"Not that you don't have a sense of humor, Y/N. You're just..."

  I said,"Rude?"

  Kamala nodded, but Peter said,"Y/N, you-"

  I held up my hand and said,"No, Parker, I am rude. You don't need to sugarcoat it. You're my best friend and I love you to death, but you don't have to do that. I am rude, and I do enjoy working against you. I just like creating unnecessary drama, but I do need to stop doing that. I need to be a good team leader. I need to be a good example, so I'm going to do my best to not be rude and to work with others."

  Peter asked me,"You're going to try to not work against me just once or every day?"

  I answered,"Every day. It's what I need to do."

  I looked over at Shuri and said,"I'm sorry about earlier. I hope that you can forgive me."

  Shuri smiled saying,"I forgive you."

  Kamala smiled at me saying,"You're really cool when you're not rude, Y/N."

  I said,"I know."

  Harley walked up to me and said to me,"I'm sorry if I came across as rude earlier."

  I shook my head saying,"No, you said what needed to be said. Don't apologize."

  Harley asked me,"So, are you going to make sure that this team doesn't fall apart?"

  I nodded saying,"I am going to make sure that this team doesn't fall apart."

  Harley asked me,"Can I suggest something?"

  I said,"Of course. What do you suggest?"

  Harley said,"I suggest that we spend time together outside of the time that we already spend together inside this building every day. That may be a good start for all of us. The more comfortable we get with each other, the more likely it will be that someone could suggest even better things that we can do together as a team to become even stronger."

  I looked over at Peter and asked him,"Did you hear all of that, Parker?"

  Peter smiled at me and nodded saying,"I heard all of that, Stark. I think it would be a good start for all of us, too. What do you think, Y/N?"

  I put my hand on Harley's shoulder and looked Harley in the eyes saying,"I think so, too. Thanks for the suggestion, Harley. Peter and I will set something up for the team tomorrow."

  Harley looked down at my hand on his shoulder and blushed saying,"Thank you, Y/N. It's just a suggestion."

  I chuckled and moved my hand saying,"You're welcome, Harley. You're welcome."