Doctor Doom x Reader

Dedicated to G0ddL355

Up next: Clint Barton x Reader

Later: Bruce Banner x Reader Part 2

   Y/N'S POV

  I didn't mean to stare at him, but I wondered what Doom looked like under the metal mask. I knew that his real name was Victor, but I didn't know anything about his life before his current role as Doctor Doom.
  It's really crazy how we had been together for years now and this never once came up in conversation. I mean, Victor wasn't one to sit down and talk about his life. He was always moving, always trying to do something.

  Like right now, for example, Victor was trying to find someone named Reed Richards. I had no idea who that was, but clearly Victor did. He was really focused. If you're thinking, "How do you know he's really focused if you can't see his actual face," then I'll tell you. I know because I know.
  Great answer, Y/N, great answer. So original. I jumped at seeing Victor looking back at me. I looked behind me to make sure no one was there, before I looked back at him. I sent him a smile and he turned back to what he was doing.

  Cutie...

  Victor said,"Y/N..."

  I walked up beside him and rested my arms on his shoulder saying,"Yes, my love?"

  He said,"Bring Richards to me."

  I said,"No."

  He said,"I'll find someone else. Someone more qualified."

  I made a face at him and said,"No you did not just say that. Who's better than me, Doom? Nobody, but I know that was another one of your bad attempts to make a joke. That hurt my feelings."

  Doom pulled me close and said,"Y/N, find Richards."

  I shook my head saying,"Once again, no. I'm just disappointed because I thought you were about to say something sweet or romantic."

  Doom laughed and I looked him in the eyes saying,"I'll find Richards for you and bring him to you."

  Doom pulled me closer saying,"No. Stay here."

  I smiled and nodded.

  I thought about what could be under that metal mask and I asked him,"Victor, what do you look like under this mask?"

  He froze and I said,"Victor, I'm sorry for asking. Forget I asked. So, who are you going to send to find this Reed Richards?"

  Doom remained silent, until he quietly said to me,"Y/N, you would be afraid of me."

  I turned Doom to face me and looked him in his eyes saying,"Victor, if I would've been afraid of you, it would've been because of what you're in now. I'm not afraid and I promise you that seeing your actual face will not change that fact. You know that I love you and that I will always be by your side. If it'll make you feel more comfortable, I'll close my eyes until you're ready for me to open them."

  Doom nodded and I closed my eyes. I felt an actual hand on my face and it took everything out of me not to open my eyes. Yet I couldn't open my eyes. I didn't want to upset Victor, but his hand was so- Wait, what if this wasn't his hand but someone else's hand?

  I asked him,"D, is this your hand?"

  He said,"Yes, Y/N."

  I leaned into his hand and he said,"Open them."

  I didn't understand what he meant until I realized he was talking about my eyes, well my eyelids to be specific. I opened them and his eyes were closed. But as I looked at him, I had nothing but love for Victor. I wasn't afraid of him. However, I think I knew why he never showed me his face.
  His face was scarred pretty badly. I wondered how much pain he had been put through for his face to look the way it did, but I had to let him know how handsome he was to me. I had to let him know that he was loved by me. He was stuck with me, unfortunately.

  I brought my hands up to his face and his eyes were still closed.

  I said,"Victor, look at me."

  He said,"No."

  I stroked both of his cheeks saying,"Victor, there's no reason to hide your true face from me. You're handsome. I mean that. I don't know what happened to you and I understand if you don't want to take off your mask ever again, but you are loved by me and will always be loved by me. I'm not with you because of what you look like. Obviously, I'm just now seeing what you look like."

  Victor opened his eyes and smiled at me.

  I rested my forehead against his and said,"I love you, Victor. I'm not afraid of you. It's still you."

  He said,"I love you, too, Y/N."

  He kissed my forehead, before I handed him back his metal mask. He looked down at it and back at me, then he put it down on the desk.

  I asked him,"Aren't you going to put it back on before someone sees?"

  He kissed my forehead again and said,"It's just me and you, Y/N. I'll wait a little longer."