T'Challa x Reader

Dedicated to ethrealzzz

Up next: Bucky Barnes x Reader

Later: Hank McCoy x Reader

Hey, everyone! I will be completely honest with you, it was very hard to write this after the passing of our dear Chadwick Boseman, but I do hope that he would've been proud of all the Black Panther content I have written over the years. I would've loved to work with him on a future Black Panther film or anything really. He was a legend, truly, but I do know that he's in a better place now. I do hope that his legacy is carried on correctly and respectfully in the second Black Panther film, though. Wakanda Forever! To our beloved Wakandan King, you will never be forgotten.

   Y/N'S POV

  This isn't like you, Y/N. You don't need to prove that you're worthy to anyone. If they accept you, they accept you. If not, that's their problem. You don't have to go out of your way to impress the mother of a man you're being forced to waste precious time seeing.
  I loved it when I made sense, but it wasn't that easy. My tribe was counting on me to find a suitable husband in order to expand our tribe and possibly its leaders. I wanted so much more for my tribe than what had been presented to me so far, yet I only had one man in mind that I considered to be suitable.

  The only question was if he considered me to be a suitable wife for him?

  But back to impressing the mother of a man I was being forced to waste time seeing, she said to me,"I do not believe that you are what my son should settle for. You were clearly born of a less knowledgeable tribe, but you can prove to me that you are worthy of him."

  Before I could respond to her, my father pulled me away and said,"T'Challa wishes to speak with you. I believe that it is very important."

  I nodded and said,"I'll be on my way, then. Thank you."

  He nodded to me, before I made the very short journey to Wakanda with a few of my tribe's leaders. My tribe was very large for even the average tribe, which was why I needed not only someone I trusted but someone who could lead with help of their own, too.

  Once I was led to T'Challa, he stepped down and kissed my hand saying,"Y/N, welcome. It's good to see you. It's been too long."

  I smiled at him saying,"Thank you for always being so kind to me and my tribe. It's good to see you as well. Father said you wanted to speak to me?"

  T'Challa let go of my hand and motioned towards the other side of the room saying,"You're welcome, Y/N. Yes, I did wish to speak to you about the future of Wakanda."

  I nodded and said,"I'll always be on your side, T'Challa. Whatever you need, I'll do my best to deliver."

  T'Challa only smiled at me, but he eventually said to me,"I am running out of time, Y/N. I cannot do this alone. It took me a long time to see it, but I need someone to rule beside me. I need someone that I trust, given that I am finding it harder to trust anyone these days. But since there are very few people that I do trust, it is why I wanted to ask you if you would be interested in ruling beside me for Wakanda?"

  I asked T'Challa,"Just for Wakanda?"

  T'Challa chuckled saying,"No. It is for me as well. Like I said, I cannot do this alone. I should not do this alone. Y/N, I am not only asking you this because I trust you but because I am in love with you. You take care of your people. You protect your people. You have also given up much for Wakanda as well. It would be wrong of me to not ask you about this opportunity."