Clint Barton x Reader

Dedicated to Depressed_Marvel_Fan

WARNING: This Clint Barton x Reader contains an insecure reader. If this is too much for you, please do not read this one.

Up next: Doctor Doom x Reader

Later: Clint Barton x Reader

   Y/N'S POV

  What's the point of going Y/N? You know everyone's going to be able to tell that your stomach's too big, your thighs are too fat, your hair's just disgusting, and that your head's- Woo, that was another thing.
  I headed down the steps and spotted my boyfriend, Clint Barton, heading towards the steps. I immediately rushed up the steps and around the corner. I dodged Thor and felt terrible for rejecting his hug.

  But I had to get away from Clint. Not that he had physically hurt me or anything, but he was the one person who could talk me out of how I was feeling. And for some reason, I didn't want him to. I wanted to continue to think the way I did about myself.
  When I made it to the place that I knew Clint wouldn't come to, I closed the door behind me and laid down. I closed my eyes and didn't want to open them. I just wanted to lay here until the event was over.

  I heard something and immediately sat up. I jumped at seeing Clint climbing in through the window.

  I sighed, and he held up his hands saying,"Y/N, what are you doing?"

  I said,"I was trying to lay on this bed and be alone until the event was over. Now, I'm talking to you."

  Clint sent me a look, before he noticed I wasn't dressed. He walked over to the bed and sat down beside me.

  He held out his hand and said,"Y/N?"

  I put my hand in his, and he looked down at my hand saying,"Are you not coming?"

  I shook my head saying,"No."

  Clint intertwined his fingers with mine and said to me,"Y/N, is there anything you want to tell me?"

  I leaned on his shoulder saying,"If I tell you what I want to tell you, it'll make you upset. I know how much you love me, Clint. Why I don't know..."

  Clint's eyes widened, and he looked over at me asking me,"Honey, seriously?"

  I said,"What, Barton?"

  He stood to his feet, and I stood to my feet as well.

  I took Clint's hands and said,"It's no big deal, Clint, really."

  Clint moved to the other side of the room and paced for a while, before he just looked at me.

  He said,"Y/N, you have to know."

  I looked down at what I was disgusted with more than anything and back at Clint saying,"No, I don't know. Why, Clint, why? I-"

  Clint walked up to me and cupped my face saying,"Don't, N/N. Don't. I don't love you just because of what you look like. I love you, Y/N L/N, because... because..."

  As Clint noticed the tears falling down my face, he pulled me into his arms and let me lean on him for support.

  Before Clint could say anything, I said to him,"Clint, but you have to care about that. I know you do. It has to bother you that my hair's not always done when you see me. It has to bother you that my thighs make it harder for me to wear a decent size. It has to bother you that I can't wear dresses like most women can. It has to bother you. You have to care."

  Clint asked me,"Why do I have to, Y/N?"

  I just remained quiet, and he nodded saying,"I don't have to, Y/N. You're beautiful to me. That's all that matters. You don't need to worry about what other women think. You don't need to. Just worry about what's in here. Worry about the way you treat me, Stark, Rogers, Nat, Thor, and Banner. That matters."

  It took me a while to take in what Clint said to me, but I knew it was going to take a while for it to click for me.

  Clint kissed my forehead and continued to look at me.

  I said,"All right, Barton. All right. You want me to wear the dress?"

  Clint smiled saying,"Yes, Y/N."

  Clint led me all the way back to my room, before I got ready. I looked at myself in the mirror and did my best to think positive thoughts, before I met Clint at the door.

  He took my hand and said,"Don't worry, Y/N. We're doing this together."

  I waited a few seconds, before I nodded saying,"Okay. Let's go."

  Clint helped me into the car, and then he got in and drove to the event. I held Clint's arm, and he led me inside.

  Natasha hugged me and said,"Y/N, you look great!"

  I looked over at Clint, and he sent me a wink.

  I smiled, before Nat took me away from Clint.

  As Nat led me away from Clint, I turned my head and mouthed,"Thank you. I love you."

  He nodded and mouthed back,"You're welcome. I love you, too."

  Once I looked back at Nat, she smiled at me.

  I said,"What, Natasha?"

  She chuckled and said,"Nothing."

  Tony walked over, and I was expecting him to say something to me.

  He said,"Y/N, I love this look."

  I hugged Tony and said,"Thanks, Stark."

  Tony hugged me back, before he said,"You're welcome. Want to dance?"

  Natasha walked away, and Tony held out his hand.

  I chuckled and said,"Of course, Stark."

  I put my hand in his, and he led me to the middle. Clint was taken by Wanda, and he sent me another wink.

  Tony said,"Y/N!"

  I said,"Okay. Okay. Stark, don't whine."