Steve Rogers x Reader

Dedicated to kayla_cruz2019

Up next: Logan Howlett x Requested Reader

Later: Steve Rogers x Reader

   Y/N'S POV

  This was my first mission in about 6 months. After the death of my mother, I needed time away from all the things that came along with practically being an Avenger. My loving boyfriend, Steve Rogers, had been a literal lifesaver for me. My Avengers family and God had been, too. Things could have turned out very differently for me if I didn't have any of them.
  As I stood beside Steve, well Captain America, he looked over at me. Those blue eyes were too much, but I had to focus. I couldn't gaze into Steve's eyes all day, I had a mission to succeed in.

  Steve chuckled and said,"I don't mind, darling. It's you, but I like you're thinking. You were talking out loud. You're going to be with me. You ready?"

  I nodded and Steve squeezed my shoulder before we both ran inside. Gunshots went off in every direction, getting closer and closer the further we ran. The other Avengers were already inside, but Steve and I were in the back to make sure no one came from the back.
  When Steve and I caught up with the others, I high fived Natasha. She smiled and Hawkeye held up his hand for the same treatment of the high five. I cleared my throat and looked away. I glanced back at him and he frowned, looking over at Natasha.

  I laughed and said,"I'm just kidding, Barton. Here."

  Before I could finally give Barton a high five, we had received a great deal of company. I went to take action, but I hesitated. This was it. This was the moment everyone would find out I had powers. I had the ability to control water, wind, fire, and even the land itself. I also had many other abilities.

  Tony joked saying,"Y/N, if you're going to do anything, now's the time to do it."

  I chuckled, and Tony looked at me confused. I gently pushed Steve back and noticed what appeared to be about 20 men running towards us. Steve kept yelling at me to get behind him, but this was my moment to shine.
  I immediately caused the floor to cave in and it fell right in front of the Avengers. The men screamed and the ones that did jump before they could fall into the water, they ran towards me full of anger.

  I smirked and brought the water up. The strength of the water pushed the men back into the wall.

  When one of the men thought he could get away, Steve walked up beside me and said,"Can I?"

  I smiled saying,"You don't have to ask for permission, Rogers. You may."

  Steve jumped over the hole in the floor before he impressively took down the man. He put his shield behind his back and faced the group.

  Natasha just looked at me and said,"So you could do that this whole time and you never used any of that to make Stark go away?"

  Tony pouted and replied,"Nat.."

  I laughed and shook my head saying," No, but it's a thought. I'll keep that in mind from now on. What do you think, Odinson, am I cool now?"

  Thor held his hammer tightly and said,"Indeed you are, Lady Y/N! I would very much like to see that again! That was amazing!"

  I bowed and Clint said,"I've seen better. Not your best performance, Y/N. I'm just kidding, Y/N. That was something."

  I pretended to shoot Clint with an arrow and he smiled before I turned to look at Hulk.

  I asked him,"What do you think, Hulk?"

  He said,"Hulk likes this Y/N. Y/N's very good."

  I blew Hulk a kiss and he smiled before I glanced to my right at Steve.

  He pulled me close and I asked him,"You're not going to shut me out now, are you?"

  Steve softly kissed my forehead and said,"No, sweetheart, I could never shut you out."