Bucky Barnes x Reader

Dedicated to evealex6

Up next: Tony Stark x Reader

Later: Clint Barton x Reader

   Y/N'S POV

  I looked down at my hands. I was never going to be good enough. I was never going to be able to do what the others like me could do. No matter how hard I tried, I didn't many any progress. Every attempt proved that I just wasn't meant to do any more than I could do.
  I walked inside, and Bucky was on the phone with Steve. I just waved to Bucky, before I walked up to our bedroom and buried my head under my pillow. I just closed my eyes and decided that I wasn't leaving the bed today. I don't care what I had to do.

  The bed went down, and Bucky pulled me into his arms. I definitely wasn't about to cry, if you're wondering, but I did feel defeated. I felt like I had powers just to say I had them, yet I couldn't use them to their potential. I could barely use them at all.

  Bucky said,"Y/N?"

  I closed my eyes saying,"Yes, Winter Soldier?"

  He said,"Y/N, look at me."

  I said,"Why, Buck? Why? I know you're disappointed in me, and you're just not saying it to me. You're just going to give me that look that everyone else has given me that's tried to teach me."

  Bucky rubbed my arm saying,"Y/N, I'm not disappointed in you. I've never been disappointed in you. I'm proud of you. I look up to you."

  I asked him,"Why do you look up to me? What can I do that you look up to?"

  Bucky held up my hands saying,"Y/N, I look up to you, because..."

  I waited for Bucky to continue, but he just looked at me.

  I rolled my eyes, and I said to him,"Bucky, you can't just get quiet like this. Say whatever you were going to say."

  Bucky laughed, yet he still didn't say anything else. I tried to lay down, and Bucky pulled me back into his arms.

  He finally said,"I look up to you, because..."

  I groaned, and Bucky kissed my cheek several times. I was trying my hardest not to smile, because it didn't take much for Bucky to make me smile.

  Bucky leaned on me saying,"I look up to you, because you're strong. You're talented, Y/N, and you never give up. Even when everything is going wrong, you always find a way to be positive. That's not even half of what you can do."

  I smiled and looked up at Bucky saying,"Aww, Barnes..."

  He still leaned on me, and I brought my hand up to his face saying,"Give yourself some credit, too, Barnes. You're strong, too. You never give up, even when you are tired or stressed out. You're always positive for me, even when I know that you're really angry or upset. There's so many things that you can do that I just haven't seen yet, Barnes, but I'm excited to see the things that you will do. So, I look up to you as well."

  Bucky squeezed me and said,"Thank you, Y/N."

  "You're welcome. If you don't mind, Buck, could you maybe stay outside with me while I try to get better at figuring out my powers and how to use them correctly?"

  Bucky said,"I don't mind, Mrs. Barnes. Whatever you need."