Steve Rogers x Reader

Up next: Red Skull x Reader

Later: Tony Stark x Reader

   STEVE'S POV

  I wanted to ask Y/N to marry me, but it was a big step. I didn't want Y/N to be hurt, yet I felt like now was the best time to ask her to be my wife. Things had been going well with the team, and Y/N was becoming more comfortable around everyone. She was becoming more comfortable around me, and I was ready to be a good husband to her.
  I made sure I had the ring, before I looked around for Y/N. Thor was trying to fix his hair, while Clint shook his head. Nat looked exhausted, but she sent me a smile. I smiled back at her, yet I had to get to my wife..I mean Y/N. I had to get to Y/N.

  However, I wasn't expecting to find Y/N in the middle of training.

  Should I just go in and stop her or should I just wait another day to ask her?

   Y/N'S POV

  I was in the zone right now, but I think I had had enough for today. I wiped the sweat off my face with my towel, and then there was a gentle knock on the see- through door.

  Steve..Steve really was that guy.

  I motioned for Steve to come inside, and he did.

  He said,"Sweetheart, I'm sorry for interrupting. I just wanted to talk to you."

  I said,"Talk to me about what? Steve, we've been through this. You can't tell Nat what to do. She's Nat."

  Steve laughed, but he took a seat saying,"This isn't about Nat. This is about me and you, Y/N."

  I sat down beside Steve, and he never broke eye contact with me as he said,"I've thought about how to confront you about this many times, but I could never figure out what to say to you word for word. But, I want you to know that I've appreciated your support and what you've done for everyone on this team. You're a leader, darling, and I love that about you. You're compassionate, and you're loyal. I've never been with anyone like you, and I don't want to miss out on the opportunity to ask you this..."

  Steve pulled out a small box with a beautiful ring in it asking me,"Y/N M/N L/N, will you marry me?"

  I jumped up and down as I yelled,"YES! YES! YOU'RE STEVE ROGERS! WHY WOULDN'T I SAY YES?? GIVE ME THAT RING RIGHT NOW!!"

  Steve slid the ring onto my finger, and he stood to his feet. Even though I was sweaty, I pulled Steve in for a sweet kiss and wrapped my arms around his neck.

  A minute later, Steve pulled away from the kiss and said,"I will do everything I can to make sure nothing happens to you, N/N."

  Realizing who I was with, I moved my hands to his face saying,"Rogers, we face different threats almost every week. It won't do you any good to spend all your time worrying about me, when you have to watch your own back. I appreciate it, but trust me to be able to do some things on my own. But, I do think it is incredibly sweet that you want to look out for me. If it will help you sleep better at night, do what you can to make sure nothing happens to me. I'll try to do the same for you."

  Instead of hugging Steve, I just held out my hand saying,"I really love you, Captain America. It's a pleasure being with you."

  Steve chuckled, but he shook my hand saying,"I really love you, too, Y/N. It's a pleasure being with you as well, ma'am."