Bruce Banner x Reader

Dedicated to AschellaEris

Up next: Mysterio x Reader

Later: Bucky Barnes x Reader

   Y/N'S POV

  Wait, I was pregnant! I was pregnant! I have to tell Bruce, but did I have the courage to tell Bruce right now? I slowly sat back down on the bed and looked down at my stomach. What would his reaction be to me being pregnant? Suddenly, I became very scared.
  There were two things that stopped me from getting up and rushing to tell my husband that I was pregnant. The first thing was I was scared that he would want to get a divorce. Not everyone wanted children. Not everyone could handle children. Bruce and I had talked about children before, but it was hard for me to read him then.

  The second thing was I was scared of Bruce wanting me to get an abortion. The last thing I wanted was an abortion. I wouldn't be able to do that. I knew that I wouldn't be able to do that. I couldn't, even if Bruce wanted that. I had to take care of my baby.
  With the strength that I somehow managed to have inside me, I stood to my feet and walked down to the lab to tell Bruce. Bruce was working on something important. I could tell by how careful he was being with the materials he held in his hands.

  I timidly said,"Banner?"

  He looked up at me and smiled at me saying,"Hi. Y/N, when did you get back?"

  I replied,"Hey, Bruce. I got back last night. May I interrupt for just a few minutes of your time?"

  Bruce laughed saying,"Of course, you're my wife. Come sit down."

  I walked over to him and sat down in his lap.

  Bruce asked me,"What is it?"

  I said,"I know you're a busy man, Bruce, and I know you didn't plan on meeting me or even marrying me. But there's something I really can't afford to just keep from you for the rest of your life. If I keep this from you, it'll make you miss out on something really precious so I won't do that to you. Bruce, I'm pregnant. And before you say anything, I've been up in our bedroom scared because I have two things that I believe are going to come out of your mouth. The first is that you'll want a divorce. The second is that you'll want me to get an abortion. Bruce, I want to keep this baby. I want us to be parents and to love this child as much as humanly possibly. I really want to be a mother, Banner. I guess I'm only saying these things because I couldn't read you too well when we had the conversation about having children two months ago. Maybe it was mainly because someone was trying to blow us up at the same time."

  Once I finally stopped talking, Bruce just took off his glasses and looked at me. Once again, I couldn't read him.

  This time, I said,"Honey, just do your best to communicate with me. I know hearing that I'm pregnant may take some time to process, but I just want to at least know whether I'm over exaggerating about the two things that I just mentioned to you. Just give me something to work with."

  But the second I spotted the green on Bruce's neck, I knew that was my cue to run. There was no way I was sticking around to try to calm him down. I had learned that the hard way when we first met. I ran as fast as I could, not even stopping to look back to see if Hulk was right behind me.

  I pressed the alarm that would alert the team of this situation immediately, before Iron Man quickly picked me up and tried to get me as far away from Hulk as he could get me.

  Tony immediately asked me,"Are you all right, Y/N?"

  I said,"I'm all right. Thanks. Tony, watch out!"

  Tony quickly avoided being hit by Hulk, then Tony asked me,"What happened to Bruce?"

  I admitted to Tony,"I told him that I was pregnant."

  Tony laughed and said,"That makes sense. It does. Is it Bruce's child?"

  Before I could tear up Tony's suit, he said,"Okay! Okay! It was just a joke."

  I said,"I knew you were only joking, Stark, even though you play too much."

  Tony put me down, which made me ask him,"Why are you putting me down? Where's Hulk?"

  Tony said,"Romanoff and Thor are handling him. Romanoff said they'll bring him here once it's safe to do that."

  I nodded, and Tony stepped out of his suit.

  He hugged me saying,"Congratulations, Y/N, I'm happy for you and Banner."

  I hugged Tony back and said,"Thank you, Tony. I hope you're ready to have to hear me complaining about pain even more now."

  Tony pulled away from the hug and groaned saying,"You complain enough, Y/N."

  I smiled at Tony, before I heard Bruce say,"Y/N?"

  I turned around, seeing Bruce standing there looking guilty. Tony, Natasha, and Thor chose to leave to give Bruce and I some privacy.

  Bruce asked me,"Did I hurt you? Are you bleeding anywhere? Do you need me to look at you?"

  I shook my head saying,"You didn't hurt me physically. I think I'm just hurt because I can't actually tell whether you really want a baby with me or not."

  Bruce rubbed his hands together and looked me in the eyes saying,"I want a baby with you, Y/N, I do. I'm sorry I've made you think otherwise, but those two things you told me earlier were completely crazy. I would never want to willingly get a divorce from you or force you to get an abortion. I want nothing more than to be a father."

  I walked up to Bruce and rested my head on his shoulder.

  Bruce wrapped his arms around me and said to me,"I'm sorry you couldn't read me when we talked about having children two months ago. I never mean to make anything difficult for you. My mind was somewhere else, and we were just trying to stay alive. I hope you can believe me when I say that I'm happy that you're pregnant and I'm ready to do whatever it takes to take care of you."

  I smiled and kissed his jaw saying,"I believe you, Banner. I believe you."

  Bruce moved his head and kissed my forehead saying,"I'm also sorry if I scared you. I didn't mean to turn into the other guy."

  I said,"It's okay. What were you angry about? Does it have something to do with Tony?"

  Bruce chuckled, but he kissed my forehead again and shook his head saying,"It didn't have anything to do with Tony, this time. You don't want to know what I was angry about. You'd just laugh at me, Y/N."

  I ran my fingers through his hair and said,"That's shocking that it had nothing to do with Tony. I really would like to know what you were angry about, Banner. You did scare me."

  Bruce blushed saying,"I can't tell you, Y/N."

  I smiled and said,"You'll tell me, Banner. You'll tell me."