Pyro x Requested Reader

Dedicated to savalinamikaelson

Up next: T'Challa x Reader

Later: Bucky Barnes x Reader

   ANYA'S POV

  It felt so good to finally be able to do what I wanted to do with my own powers. I don't know how I kept my sanity after being at that school for so long, but now I could actually do things to help other mutants like me advance in this world.

  Pyro walked up beside me and asked me,"Why are you standing out here?"

  I motioned towards the ocean saying,"My father used to take me out here whenever things weren't going too well for me. He never yelled at me for getting into trouble with my classmates. He never pushed me away. He would just sit down beside me and tell me how much he loved me. It meant a lot to me then, but I always acted like it didn't phase me. And when I was finally ready to apologize as any good kid would have done, those humans took him away. My mother, she just watched as they took him away from us, because she blamed him for having a daughter that wasn't like her. I remember just being so angry at her for a very long time, but she just carried on with her life and married a human like herself."

  Pyro leaned over and kissed my cheek, then he took my hand saying,"I wish I would've met your father. He seemed like a very good man. I'm sorry about your mother, though. Maybe she had a change of heart after what she did."

  I shook my head saying,"I doubt she had a change of heart, Pyro. Even though I tried to ignore it for so long, she always treated me terribly. Dad always had to comfort me over something she did. I don't even know if anyone was there for my father after they..."

  I couldn't finish, but Pyro squeezed my hand saying,"Baby?"

  I looked down and realized we were surrounded by water.

  Pyro said,"Anya, my shoes."

  I blushed saying,"Sorry. I'm sorry. I'll fix it."

  I moved the water back into the ocean before us, then I said to Pyro,"I'm really sorry. Give me your shoes."

  Pyro shook his head saying,"Don't worry about it. I just wanted your attention."

  I smiled at him, but I asked Pyro,"Do you think that my father's still alive?"

  Pyro kissed my hand saying,"I don't know, but I hope so. He'd be proud of you."

  Pyro dropped my hand and wrapped his arms around me.

  He said to me,"What if we looked for your father, together?"

  I wrapped my arms around his neck saying,"No, I don't want anything to happen to you. Plus, I don't think I'm ready to do that yet. I'm still trying to get the hang of my powers. When I'm reunited with my father, I want him to really be proud of me. I don't want him to think that I've wasted my life."

  He nodded saying,"That's fair, but Anya, I think he'd already be proud of you as the woman you are now. You're always doing something to help mutants like us be at the top, so he'd see that you haven't been wasting your life."

  I gave him a kiss and fixed his shirt saying,"Thank you, Pyro. Thank you. Would you like to sit out here with me while I talk to him?"

  Pyro asked me,"Who are you talking to?"

  I said,"My father. It's really stupid, but I just talk as if he's here beside me listening to me. It helps me feel like he's still here."

  He said,"It's not stupid, Anya. I'll sit out here with you."

  Pyro sat down beside me and pulled me close to him.

  "I won't be long, Pyro. I promise."

  Pyro moved my hair out of my face saying,"Take your time, Anya."