Harley Keener x Reader

Dedicated to IlLbEaTyOuRaSs3000

Up next: Clint Barton x Reader

Later: Howard Stark x Reader

   Y/N'S POV

  I was convinced that I always made things harder for myself. Always. Why didn't I just tell my father, Tony Stark, that I was dating Harley Keener? He'd be cool with that, right? Maybe I already knew the answer to that question, which was why my father still didn't know about Harley and I being together in the first place. 

  As I turned the doorknob to open the front door, Uncle Steve asked me,"Y/N, where are you going?"

  I turned around and said,"I'm going to see Harley."

  Uncle Steve nodded, but he asked me,"Did you tell your father yet?"

  I shook my head and said,"No. I'll tell him next month."

  Uncle Steve crossed his arms saying,"Y/N..."

  I sighed and asked Uncle Steve,"May I go, Uncle Steve, please?"

  Uncle Steve kissed my forehead and nodded saying,"You may. Be careful, Y/N."

  I hugged Uncle Steve, then I drove myself to Harley's new place. I stepped out of the car and locked it. After I made sure that my car was actually locked, I walked up to Harley's front door. I knocked on Harley's front door and stepped back when Harley opened the front door.

  Harley gave me a kiss and smiled at me saying,"Hey. Come inside."

  I walked into the house behind Harley, then Harley closed and locked the front door back.

  I asked Harley,"Still unpacking some stuff?"

  Harley nodded and said,"Yeah. Why didn't you tell me that you were coming over tonight?"

  I shrugged and looked around saying,"I just wanted to see what you were doing. Do you need my help unpacking the rest of that stuff over there?"

  Harley shook his head and wrapped his arms around me saying,"I'm just unpacking, Y/N. I don't need any help, though, but thank you."

  I asked Harley,"Is it lonely being here by yourself every day?"

  Harley admitted to me,"Sometimes, it is, but it's not that bad. It just takes some getting used to, that's all."

  I asked Harley,"Do you think that I'd be able to live by myself one day?"

  Harley said,"I think so. Are you getting tired of living with the Avengers?"

  I laughed but told Harley,"It's not that I'm tired of them, Harley. I'm just ready to be forced to do stuff on my own, I guess. I don't have to do much when I'm at home, because they're always doing things first so that I don't have to do them."

  Suddenly, I moved out of Harley's arms and asked him,"Would you come home with me to tell my father about the two of us?"

  Harley grabbed his phone and nodded saying,"Sure. Are you going to talk to him about possibly getting a place of your own, too?"

  I shook my head and said,"No. I think it would be best to talk to my father about that some other time. One thing at a time, Harley. One thing at a time."

  Harley led me outside to my car, then he volunteered to drive us to the Avengers' new home. Harley got us there in less than 10 minutes, but I was so nervous my hands were sweating.

  I stepped out of the car and wiped my hands on my pants.

  Harley kissed my cheek and said,"I'm right behind you, Y/N."

  Harley gave me my car keys back, before he intertwined his fingers with mine and led me inside.

  Uncle Steve noticed me before anyone else and immediately said,"Your father's in the kitchen with Natasha."

  I said,"Okay. Thank you, Uncle Steve. I'm going to tell my father about Harley and me. Will you send someone after me if my father decides to kill me or worse?"

  Uncle Steve chuckled but nodded saying,"If necessary, I'll send in someone that can stop your father from causing any harm to you. I promise."

  I smiled and led Harley towards the kitchen.

  Once I spotted my father, I walked up to him and said,"Dad?"

  My father turned around and smiled at me saying,"Hi, N/N."

  My father nodded to Harley, but then my father noticed Harley and I's fingers intertwined with each other's fingers. I waited for my father to start screaming at me or just... pick me up to throw me out the nearest window, but he just smiled at me.

  I asked him,"Are you okay?"

  My father nodded and asked me,"How come you never told me about you and Harley, N/N?"

  I admitted to him,"I just thought that you'd lose it and that you'd never accept us being together. I know how much it upsets you whenever I don't spend a lot of time with you. I also know that you don't like to share."

  Auntie Natasha laughed, but my father said to me,"Y/N, I trust Harley and I trust you. I'm not mad. I'm not. I just wish that you would've told me whenever you two first got together. Normally, you keep me updated on everything."

  I hugged my father and said to him,"I'm sorry. I'm sorry. I really thought that you'd be mad, but from now on, I'll keep you updated on everything like I usually do. I promise."

  My father hugged me back and said,"I forgive you, N/N. Just promise me that you'll be careful."

  I kissed my father's cheek and said,"Thank you for forgiving me. I don't deserve your forgiveness, but I won't keep anything else from you. I promise. I promise to be careful, too."

  My father continued to hug me, but Harley asked him,"Does this mean that you're not going to threaten me or punish Y/N for keeping our relationship from you for a month?"

  I hit Harley's arm and whispered to him,"Shhhhh! Don't give him a reason to do either of those things. Let's just take it."

  Harley groaned and held his arm.

  I rubbed his arm and said,"Sorry, Harley. I'm sorry."