Chapter26

Sitting alone in the emptied eatery was the ahjumma inhaling breaths in grief. she has dismissed her workers announcing a week off that led to the silence cover up her used to be crowded workplace.

thinking about Jennie made her tear slide, but the steps of the intruder over the gravely land brought her cautious back slowly. she looked up to inform the customer about the news "we are closed-" only to meet with the downcast eyes of whom was gone for awhile.

"Jeon Jungkook!" she sat in utter shock while the mentioned noblest continued to approach her. his eyes wandering around the places searching for one person he missed the most.. "so you are closed!" he repeated as he stood.

Ahjumma hasn't said a word yet when jungkook clasped his hands behind him tilting his head to aside "are you planning to relocate?" he asked.

instead of enlightening him, the older has snorted looking elsewhere from him. a silence treatment that instantly made jungkook believe he deserved.. he sighed ducking his head "i know.. my leave was irresponsible, but i had to check in with all the truth. to help myself make the more rational decisions for today."

"but you didn't believe me" ahjumma remarks. "i told you everything but yet you refused to believe me and stay with her" she grew anxious to register the incidents that led to unfold her past as well.

jungkook walked closer staring deep into her glistening eyes "but who would believe a word of a crazy loner about the lord sangguk being the opposite of what we all knew for years? it's like saying the sky isn't blue-" she swiped his hand off her shoulder walking to the well where she rests the palm of her hands on watching her own reflection painted with what he described, not just a regular loner but a crazy one as well.. she laughed hysterically, "and yet i was right!".

Jungkook clears his throat squeezing his hands tight scanning her body "you might have been telling the truth about my greedy grandfather, but hallucinating about being his reason for hating his dearest friend is just stupid" as jungkook snorts repeating her untrustworthy love story. the older turns and looks at his humorous smile with disgust.

"you're just like him," she stares, "ignorant and full of hatred.. what a waste of beauty?!" as she finished, a guard of his squeezes her throat elevating her in the air. while she fights for a breath jungkook turns on his heels to watch her struggle "if grandfather desired you, i would destroy you.. that's how different we are. i might carry his title and blood, but that's all."

she punches the man's arm to release herself, knocking the air with tearful eyes locking with his dull ones. "i didn't come here having this conversation again; I came to see her so tell me.. where is Jennie?" the man dropped her on the hard ground standing a feet away. she coughed and fought to not lose herself, but managed to glare at him spitting to a distance between them "i won't.. let another Jeon cross her path ever again."

in a span of a second, he grasped her, and crouched squeezing her jaw with one hand, "it's too late to pretend you care for her after you weren't there when Hwanjoon needed you. so tell me where is she?.. if you think, concealing all of this will make her happy, then i rather tell the truth and break her... at least at that point she will know her enemies and friends" she pushes him on the ground wiping her mouth "Jennie already lost a lot.. she can't lose more hope"

Jungkook stands flicking the dust off while his man pushes the older by foot to kneel down in front of him. "what does the woman who was okay to hide the murderer of her first love might know about hope?.." jungkook chuckled "if Jennie lost again, i will help her win.. I'm not here to throw her in a deep sinking lie, I'm here to help her swim across" ahjumma shakes her head in denial.