chapter16

Despite how troublesome fear was, but the fear itself could bring cautious onto the scale creating a balanced wake. she had the fear of losing him, of being left alone again, fear of those people who took everything from her one by one. 'what do they want from me?' she asked, her emerged feelings weren't enough to save her. but at the end, it all were covered with her blank facade that she also feared to remove.

he was gone for too long, a day was a lot for her to be without him. without his firm presence, childish manner, and scoldings whenever she disobey. now she was used to him that it almost felt scary to lose him.

"drink this please" repeated the old lady, who couldn't save her from distressing about him.

jennie looked beside her. the white bowl contained a herbal remedy made specifically for her. her eyes darted back to the empty wall of her room again, "I'm fine" but she wished she wasn't.

"you were hurt. don't refuse this, or else taehyung will hate me more for not taking care of you" ahjumma smiled when at mentioning him she gained the stiffed girl's attention. but not for too long for her to gave up, and place it on the small table untouched.

"tell me what is that you're thinking about all day!" ahjumma soothingly caressed on her back, in return of her comfort jennie rested her head on her shoulder deeply blowing onto the air.

"if he left because being with me was dangerous!" she muttered.

the older sighed looking down to find her unsettled eyes, and a small sway of her head side to side was enough reply to her worry.

"then why he isn't back?" she asked.

ahjumma wandered her eyes to the wall across her seated self. slowly becoming concerned how they got attacked and he disappeared from sight. she still lived in that moment where she found jennie unconscious in the middle of her rumbled eatery. it was traumatizing how the fear of then followed her through each breath, but tried her best to be strong for jennie.

"he will be back.. what would they need from an arrogant and useless guy like him?" she joked to bring a small smile onto her lips, and felt relieved seeing it happening.

"now quickly drink that, it will energize you" she did so, and took the small bowl from her hands before gulping down the bitter liquid.

"good for you" she patted her head continuously. pitying her for the unfair life she lived.

🍂

Jungkook walked as if his soul was dislocated from his body. his steps were sharp yet looser after each one. his futile thoughts of last night caused his sleeplessness, which disturbed the woman who walked with him in wonder.

there was so much going on in her son's mind, but all the mother could do was to clutch on his droopy forearm, turning him to face her, and ask "why won't you come back with us?"

Jungkook's one hand trailed up to hug his mother's soft one on his cheek, "we talked about this mother.. its important for me to stay and fulfill grandfather's last will" as he proceeded to support that idea. his mother sighed, and gave up on trying to change his mind.

"at least promise me you will be safe!" she patted his bigger hand, before Jungkook withdrew and clasped them behind his back.

"rest well mother, you should trust me more now than before" and then guided for her maids to approach them, "escort my mother to her cabin"

after a small hug from the older to him, she walked away with her maids onto the ship. his father who was having a small meeting with the captain has overheard their conversation unintentionally.