Chapter27

"where is she?... let me in" taehyung's rumbling voice grew closer and closer until the people inside Jennie's chamber could see his worry face within barging in.

Jungkook's guards followed behind insisting on keeping him out, but ahjumma stood up and dismissed them "it's okay... he is a family" although jungkook made it clear to not allow them to meet until she is completely recovered but the guards gave in and left him inside.

"how is she?" taehyung asked, eyes on her who was still asleep. he grabbed her hand gently as the physician informed her state "she is alright... i'm just here to checkup on her after three hours being medicated."

"and!" the man glared into taehyung's obscure face thinking whom was he to be as worried as a father shows to his child. "everything is perfect, she might have a headache when wakes up but it's only a normal side effect of the herbs," he smiled at the old lady as she thanked him whilst holding his wrinkled hands.

"leave us alone" taehyung muttered under his breath, just to yell it again startling the elder. ahjumma smiled sheepishly and escorted the physician out closing the door "he just cares for her a lot," she reasoned embarrassedly.

when he looked back at her, he instantly smiled coming to greet her eyes. the doctor might have said she was well, but the sparkles in her eyes were gone and he knew it didn't mean anything good.

"how are you feeling now?" he leaned closer as she squeezed his hand, caressing her hair before cupping his hand above hers. "you are here now!" she spoke softly as if the words would hurt.

"i am... and will be here until you're recovered" he remarked it with a promising smile, "i thought i won't see you again" she chuckled at her foolishness.

"i see you might be sick, but your arrogance heart is still refusing to trust me," he mocked her, and she managed to show a proud face before coughing. he hurried to let her drink some water before she rests again.

"did you wait for me?" he asked tucking her with the duvet, she swayed her head left to right "you didn't even wish i was there to help you?" he seemed astonished, she chuckled but again shook her head.

"they kept telling me i will die... and to be honest i wasn't scared of it. i have tried doing it myself but am still alive, so i guessed they would fail likewise" taehyung was yet again captivated by her ways of thinking.

"i thought people loved to live" taehyung mumbled, "not people... only those who are wealthy and labelled can enjoy it," and as she said staring at the ceiling he was wondering what was on her mind.

"so if you married a wealthy guy... the one who will have power... you then will be happy?" she looked at him confused from where he has got such terrible yet unwrong idea, however she sighed deeply, closing her eyes "hm.. that's not what i meant, but it's not wrong either."

a silent moment passed until he muttered again "well i'm not rich but-" when he looked up she opened her eyes too "i guess i'm strong" they stared at each other, one unsure the other petrified.

then she scoffed "for a moment i thought you were trying to be the one non-rich guy i would marry" he followed with her chuckling "but... can't i be?" and her laughter dropped.

she directed her eyes onto him with a questionable look "are you pitting a sick girl?" he suddenly shook his head "then don't be so naive, because i might try using your kindness" and he shrugged "what's the worst that can happen?"

she rolled her eyes smiling "maybe... breaking your heart and run away with some other man," he frowned, "no you won't."

"how do you know?" she raised one eyebrow up at him.