Chapter25

When the people were still asleep at the very early minutes of dawn, the anxious guy was awake with the farmers who got to water their crops. he remembered he had put the paper somewhere but then he didn't know exactly where. he dashes out the single chamber in a corner, baffled to go back inside and look for it again but was dismayed by Jennie's silhouette in the dark.

"why are you awake so early?" he frowned pulling out a soft grin to change the fact he was caught in the middle of his plans but as slowly he got closer and closer to her he witnessed something else "did you even sleep?" now he was worried within seeing her pair of bloodshot eyes.

she never looked away from him for all the time he was checking her body temperature and for anything that needed quick treatment, but she held onto his wrist tight before he can cup her cheeks. his fear for her got replaced by confusion within the prevention of touching her "what is-" "were you looking for this?" he saw what he was seeking to find was in her hands, crumbled but yet his name has stood out among the letters.

he shifted his eyes back on her face, she no longer was blank but was crying unknowingly whilst waiting for his response and he knew from this that she already read what's inside. he couldn't ever lie, thus he nodded and watched her losing another heartbeat.

"who wrote that?.. w-why do you have something like that?" and her questions never ended until he hugged her tight keeping her in his warm embrace. as if to protect her from her unforgettable past but it has already damaged her a lot.

"why i shouldn't? this is my purpose after all," he avowed.

she withdrew from him, she thought she knew so many things but none of the pieces matched anymore. "huh!" he caressed her head looking straight into her eyes "i told you everything, but i see you never cared to understand them as they were."

"but you said your master-" "yes!.. Kim Hwanjoon" he interrupted her before giving a faint smile.

her eyes widened, and he knew she was slowly catching up with him. "you spent so much time recognizing his clothes that i wore, hearing me saying his quotes, but you always gave up to think you were wrong. when will you start to listen to this?" he poked her chest with two of his fingers smiling sheepishly, while she was stone cold.

he pulled up her wrist of the hand that held the paper "we both believe what's written there is true.. so why are you confused with reading it now?" he sees she takes small steps away, swiveling on her heels to stare blankly at the sunshine striking into the deep blue sky. "you're a warrior, yet you never been to a war whatsoever, you say my grandfather was your master.. who taught you so many things, who helped you out with your life and yet!" she stops.

"and yet i have never seen you around.. not in our house, nor in the village or our lives!.. what is this taehyung-ssi? is this another way of putting an end to Kim's bloodline?, by misleading me with lies until you kill me too!" she began to look angry for being unaware of his purposes, but that never changed anything about the truth.

she tightened her fists out of defense only for her eyes to dart on hwanjoon's workplace where he came out from earlier. another question raised upon seeing the long locked door of his chamber was opened whilst the keys never left her pocket she frowned "how did you open that door?.. I'm the only one who has the keys to this house!"

she heard him chuckle which only made her fear him more, but when he looked up to her eyes there was nothing she could read anymore. he dismissed every feeling like he never could feel them before "i am no killer or warrior, i was only taught how to play sword in a fight" she opened her mouth to remind him of what he told her before only to feel something cold in her hands.