chapter21

her dream was like torment; it scared her whenever she had to close her eyes. the fever has robbed her strength, that she sleeps to ease the pain but would wake up due to her own screams. she shivered with cold, yet it was a hot sunny afternoon. she hugged the duvets and cold sweat ran down her ashen face. she was told by the doctor to drink the bitter soup when she feels worse, hence with her frail hands she tended to pull it close. but other than aching her sore muscles, she failed at completing the task.

"aigoo!.. let me help" taehyung rushed in who went to bring clean towels. he had wiped her sweats for her but yet it seemed like he didn't. it worried him when her pale lips gently quivered as she snuggled with the warm blanket.

he sat down crisscrossed by her side, bringing the soup close. he helped her to swallow little by little, wiping her lips clean, and helping her to set her head back on the pillow. "what happened to you so suddenly?" he muttered to hisself, "I should have stayed last night.. I could prevent this from happening," he sighed.

he has been blaming himself since he got back late to find her sitting on the stairs crying in pain. he knew she was hurt, but didn't know where exactly. totally oblivious of what Jungkook had done to her heart.

he swabbed her sweats for her drifting off to the thoughts of that night, until the door to her room slid opened by the concerned ahjumma spurting... "aigoo jennie-ah!.. what happened to you?" she sat by her legs holding her shaky hands. she had ran as soon as she heard about her absence in the eatery.

"its a flu spreading around... the doctor said she will get better" taehyung informed only to be pushed by the older. she was quick to take his place and check her temperature. Jennie was burning hot, and it worried her even more. she took the towel from his hand and set one above her forehead and another to pat her arms and hands with.

"you will get sick you shouldn't be here!" taehyung protested tending to make her leave, but the woman glared at him to not even think of it "she is my responsibility. you should get out before you're effected," she stated and continued to try and make her body temperature normalize.

"I don't get sick... so you should be the one to leave" he snatched the towel from her hands, the woman turned with fire in her eyes "why? are you not a human?!" and took it again, but before taehyung could answer she requested "instead of fighting, go and bring something from the clinic to make her better"

at last taehyung believed when she is taken care by two people she will get better soon, hence he gave up and stood on his feet "watch her huh! I will come back as soon as possible," he said it more in a pleading way, thus the woman nodded and watched him leave in a rush.

"ahjumma!" her raspy voice was heard and took the older by surprise. "yes darling!.. are you aching? do you need something?" she squeezed her hand but it was so loose that ahjumma didn't even know it was meant to be hard. "you came!" she opened her eyes a little, and her weak smile warmed her senior's heart as she nodded.

"I came as soon as I didn't see you there.. its not like you to get late" she mourned and softly patted her cheeks down to her neck. "I'm getting lazy right?" she chuckled slightly, "no! what are you saying?.. I am the lazy one who can't run a small eatery without you," she smiled following her.

"you should be working.." "-yah! stop it. You are more important to me than those greedy nobles" she dipped the towel in the cool water and squeezed it before placing it on her forehead again. "nobles!" Jennie frowned faintly.

"yes! I was told to cook for jeon before they leave-" "leave! to where?" jennie interrupted.

ahjumma saw how suddenly she was panicking. it puzzled her why until she said "the son is going back to the capital today" and when her eyes widened she knew he must mean something to jennie that his leaving made her so dreadful.