chapter15

The daylight that used to bring serenity upon a direful heart, has turned more distressing then it's usual promise. especially for jennie who was the easiest to be targeted for the misdeeds happening around the Golden-Leaves.

taehyung has never left her side ever since, and despite the misfortunate situation he this time has thought that keeping their routine will be better, than to fear and hide that would bring so many questions upon them. policemen were barging into shops, checking everywhere, questioning whoever makes a suspicious act, and lastly they wouldn't sympathy for them. as they got permission to kill, hurt, and judge freely by daeho.

ahjumma has left the eatery as some nobles summoned her for something regarding her eatery, and after the woman left she put taehyung in charge of keeping their work going. as usual jennie would be by the fireplace cooking. she wasn't sure if it would be tasty at the end for not being able to concentrate. but each time she would pinch herself back to believe, her family's situation will no longer effect her.

"taehyung-ssi!" she called when couldn't find him around, she stood and left the kitchenette searching for him. but didn't go that far when he suddenly appeared panicking, "why? what happened?"

his unsettled eyes wandered for any kind of danger on her, and jennie who was like a toy in his hands being turned continuously to be studied. she stopped him by yanking away, and rewarded him with a flick on his rocky forehead. harsh enough to redden it, but seemed to not be enough to get a reaction from him.

"you really don't feel any pain!" she wondered before using the same intensity to flick herself, only to hear taehyung laughing at her loud wince. "should i help!" he brought his slender fingers up for a revenge, but she pushed him away getting into a fight position. glaring at his shoes for any closeness so to step on his toes.

he ruffled her newly styled hair making her whine for messing it up. "i thought something happened when you called for me" he said amused, as she was the one who told him she won't need any help. she sighed and clasped her hands behind her back, "i can't start the fire to cook.. help please!" she muttered softly.

he felt good about himself just then, and crossed his arms over his chest "aigoo! does the arrogant child need help? ask nicely.. i may do it" he blew on his perfectly shaped nails making her irritated.

she rolled her eyes and copied his standing posture. "taehyung-ssi!" she heavily emphasized on each word showcasing her anger, but he only hummed back looking at her with a waggish grin. "go to hell" she stomped with each step away, leaving him dumbfounded.

he knew she wouldn't let her ego down for anyone, especially him who provoked her a lot. he ran after her throwing his arm around her neck choking her, and she begun to curse and have a little fight to be freed from him. if one saw them they would think it was a normal sibling fights, yet for them it was more of a something they couldn't name.

"giant pig- filthy skunk- a complete nightmare.. aish-.." she cursed at him all the way to the well, and just as she stopped and turned. she found him looking at her with the same impish look. he turned to focus on the fire, while she squatted down by the empty bucket pushing it into the deep well.

"he always tries to order me around- in your dreams" she yelled the last one for him to hear, but he chuckled secretly shaking his head side to side. "this kid" he tsk'ed throwing more wood into the fire that begun to ignite.

after filling the bucket with water she took more time to look at her reflection rather to pull it out. finding her messy hair from their childish behavior earlier she smiled softly patting on it back to it's place.. "whoever sent you here! I'm glad they did" she spoke to him from far, who had his back to her busy to grant her wish.