chapter11

As soon the sound of the door closing came to her sense. she opened her eyes to find him standing there. he was gone for awhile, and now he returned with a small towel and a tray that had two small bowls placed on it.

he sat crisscrossed by her side, where she laid down under the warm sheets in her room. he seemed concentrated, and until then he didn't catch her piercing eyes that wandered off to his appearance.

as jennie turned her head to his side slowly, he got aware of her pale face and tired smile that she was able to flash. "what is that?" she asked pointing her index finger to the bowl, that smelled like anything but tasty food.

"ahjumma told me to make this for you. it will help to regain your strength" he informed her. by her expression, he was aware of her hate to the remedy soups they forced her to eat. she couldn't refuse, because she also wanted to get better quickly.

he brought a spoonful to her mouth, and as she raised her head a little, her hair cascaded down to her face. she struggled either to remove her hair, or to support her body to uplift. he noticed. but also didn't think twice to brush her hair back cautiously, before helping her to gulp it down. she laid back down once again, and he brought the napkin to wipe off the leftovers around her lips.

he knew she was bored to lie down, and do nothing the whole day since then. the doctor warned him of the amount of blood she lost, and he knew her weakness was worth to be worried about. that was the reason why he didn't leave her side, unless it was sleeping time.

"what did you do for living before coming here?" she asked, after turning her all attention back on him. he was busy to blow on the hot soup, before bring it down for her to swallow it again. he smiled at the faces she made after each taste, but thinking of her question has worried him to wether or not ignore it.

"i-.. nothing special" he gave a small smile. too bad he couldn't kill her curiosity with it, "tell me". he looked down and found her hand holding his arm. peering into her eyes again, she slowly withdrew her warmth off his sleeve, but didn't feel like breaking the eye contact yet.

"a swordsman" taehyung said sternly, after placing his straightened arms over each of his knees. she found his physique and strength to be much more than just a man with sword, hence she collided her eyebrows in confusion. "does being a warrior had a way to provide nobleness to you? or you were born with it"

she thought his manly titter was addicting, as he did by finding her question silly. "I'm not noble, nor rich. in fact i despise high class people" he corrected her, meeting with her widen eyes after.

"then what about those clothes? your behavior that resemble them?" she stopped to gulp another spoon of the bitter mixture.

he leaned on his hand to wipe off the liquid around her mouth. "the clothes aren't mine, but belongs to my master who made this guy out of me" he smiled back to her, who had something sillier to say. "did he treat you wrong that now you hate nobles?"

to her surprise he shook his head from side to side. "he was a slave man. he believed that those clothes can be bought by anyone, and such power can be obtained if one could befriend a sinner. but what made him stand out was his wealthy soul"

his voice got ceased, by the sounds she made out of astonishment. he turned to find her slightly opened mouth, and her amazed eyes. he chuckled finding her cute, until she cleared her throat adding a small smile next. "you must have a lot of respect to him!. i can see it in you, and in each word when describing him" she admitted.

he heavily breathed out bringing another spoonful to her lips "he set me free then, and i only can go back to him when i will do something big to make him proud". she wiped off her lips looking surprised once again, "something big!"