chapter13

For whatever silence that enveloped her, there was her heartbeat increasing. her eyes that peered over her dirty shoes darted heavenwards to the serene darkness of the sky. wandering around the daring blazes lighting up the sky like tiny white beads. she exhaled heavily for herself to hear. a message to the moon that stayed at a place for more than a million years, yet wasn't as exhausted as she was for waiting since this afternoon.

as if her body announced a carnival all the negativity rushed like flood through her bloodstreams. "where is he?" she muttered underneath her breathe looking back at the police headquarter.

no walls ever been made as strong, through the giant cressets and flaming torches it could illuminate the coldness of it's structure. the tall gate could only be opened to the officials, which left her out behind the bushes. the guards carried their swords coming and leaving based on their duties. she never had a chance to reveal herself, afraid to be arrested for spying on the area at such late hour. thus she stayed hidden behind the trees watching over their every move. yet there was no sign of taehyung, that could rest her anxious heart.

she felt bad for ahjumma as she skipped her today's promise to be a cook, she couldn't rest a bit after hearing from them that taehyung was taken by daeho's men. she knew it won't be a good news to be taken there, because they will torture him for whatever that reason would be.

the wooden gate pushed open forward at the time she turned her back to lean on the tree. she was in a situation where blaming herself for believing that jungkook will be back, that caused all of this. all along, the same guy walked out the station followed by daeho who was in charge of sangguk's funeral security tomorrow.

"i don't need any troubles regarding my guests. my grandfather's will was a peaceful farewell, and it must be taken seriously. any mistakes would be bad news for you daeho-ssi" jungkook spoke sternly clasping his hands behind his back. the mentioned one bowed several times telling him to trust him without a worry.

"rest without a worry my lord. i will not disappoint you" daeho promised, but wasn't aware how hard it was for jungkook to trust anyone easily. the noble guy looked ahead snorting, as soon as he knew daeho was in charge he read all about him without lacking. he noticed something. everyone feared him in the village, but that didn't mean anything to jungkook to trust him.

"should I?" he muttered and the other kept his bowing posture cursing mentally. whilst his eyes wandered around the area, from the bushes across the road, to the moon shyly peeking behind a puff of white thin cloud. so did jennie, at that second felt her chest tightening.

she leaned away from the tree feeling like she couldn't breathe for the memories to rush back in. the time they were just a kid finding everything surrounding them playable. even the policemen that they pranked making them think a ghost was chasing after them. she smiled, and so did his heart skipping a beat. that night ended with them both being grounded by their grandfathers, but until this day the memory made every scolding worthy.

"strange that i pushed you away, yet you feel closer now" she held her hands in front of her, looking at the moon in wonder.

hearing the guards clamor in unison she turned to look in dread until her eyes caught a high class guy walking away followed by two other sworded men. her eyebrows crashed pondering when he had arrived, whilst jungkook was feeling uneasy about each step taken away from the place.

"i don't trust that guy. make sure to keep an eye on him" jungkook commanded his followers, before turning at the corner fading from her eyesight.

"who is he?" she mumbled, before gasping and crouching down instantly when finding daeho standing there by the five stepped stairway.

"aish- this arrogant brat" he gritted on his teeth hating it how there was someone else higher in position.