chapter20

Jennie stepped out from her gloomy room to the nightfall outside. Watching the candy floss clouds melt in the bleeding sky; the sunset took place, and she took her time admiring it. Sitting on the woody portion by the staircase, hands curled and chin placed on her hard knuckles. She inhaled deeply, but what came out was a faint rapid blow, her eyes flickered to watch the stars appearing little by little wandering her orbs as if to find which one belonged to her grandfather she missed the most.

It has been awhile since the last time she saw him, it was in her birthday and it made her think what was his last gift to her. Her eyebrows crashed to one another and hands loosely dropped on her lap, she stared far in the field pushing herself to remember the gift he told her that she will absolutely love it.. "th-the gift! where is the gift?" She panicked.

her eyes shifted to the room hwanjoon used to work in, she was banned from exploring it but what about now? he wasn't there to scold her if she took a look around, she will just go to bring her gift knowing he didn't have the chance to give it to her by hisself.. but halted before taking anymore steps to it when taehyung came out of his chamber in hurry.

she looked at him from head to toe. He looked different. He wore an outfit that she never saw him in before, but was sure that fabric was familiar. "where to?" she uttered watching him descending on the stairs.

he then caught her in the darkness but wasn't surprised, these days she didn't seem to be good emotionally thus he never pushed her to do anything. Despite the fact she kept coming out of her room, "didn't i tell you to rest? why are you out?" he grabbed her shoulders staring into her unsettled eyes.

"i..i just wanted to have some fresh air... where are you going so late?" she tilted her head to one side for a second look at his style, "you look handsome," she added swiftly.

He smiled a little looking at hisself too, before ruffling her hair making her annoyed, "i have a date," he remarked.

it wasn't usual for her to feel so bitter about someone's personal life, but for him she did. "the bad guy that you're! How could you find a date when we were fighting to survive the cruelty of this place?" she spoke rather sternly that he also could sense she didn't like his plan for tonight.

"why is it at night? people date in broad daylight if you haven't noticed.. nights are not good, you shall stay and keep me accompany incase my health got worse" she didn't realize it until he pinched her nose bending over to her short level "is someone jealous?"

but is that possible?.. she found him funny and yanked off his arms walking to her room "you are not so special to make me be" is that true?.. he softly sighed walking to the gate whilst she stood by the stairs thinking deep about what he joked about a minute ago.

"well! don't worry yourself much no one can have me except you" he chuckled at how she gasped glaring at him, "go in and blush all you want until i will be back" he didn't even know what those meant for her, for a normal person who was seeking love, unaware how his jokes can make everything more complicated.

"he is silly... naughty... ugh! this guy" she sat on her duvets glaring at nothing, her crossed arms loosened when suddenly her mind recalled every second he wasted to protect her, to make her happy through her worst. She shook her head but couldn't erase it. she lie down biting her nails anxiously, the feeling was familiar but the person she had in mind wasn't jungkook.. "he really knows how to play with my mind," she sighed.

she heard the gate opening again, she sat quickly looking at her door. Suddenly her heart was racing if he came back for her or he forgot something to take with hisself. "real or not! he shouldn't go on this date" she stood and ran outside.