Chapter24

Woebegone he looked walking back home, with a hand he held a bottle of liquor, and his wobbly feet couldn't grasp on the ground. he looked farther away at the moon smiling, after spending the whole day in the brothel he has gave up on his duties as a noble, and people started to question if he really deserved that title.

"you're so strong.. can you carry me? please carry me" the woman pleaded dragging him back, he laughed at her who tried to jump on his back but at last they fell on the dusty ground. laughing out loud that the guards heard and rushed outside Jeon's residence only to stand in yet another shock of the daily appearance of their master.

"my lord!" rushed the commander to raise him up but Wonjae stopped him and stepped closer to his son alone. disgusted by how bad he smelled as if he hasn't showered for ages, yet worried he become when jungkook smiled and reached out to touch his rounded, chubby face.. "dad" he called as he recognized him, "stand up you pathetic man," he commanded but his stern voice was more of a joke to him that made the drunkard and the woman laugh.

"you sound.. like a dying seal," the guards cackled only to get a deadly glare from their commander. they ducked their heads but that didn't make Wonjae feel any better after the insult. "commander please get rid of that prostitute and help to bring his senses back" he massaged his temples walking back inside, the commander bowed and with a nod he sent his men to do as planned.

-

"sheesh why are you pushing me?" jungkook complained after he was pushed by the guard inside his chamber. he brushed his damp hair before turning to find his father sitting in a corner of his room, "what are you doing here?" he was taken by surprise only to realize it wasn't his own room.

"come here and sit" Wonjae demanded but jungkook snorted and tended to leave,"i said sit," his father yelled startling him. he had taken a bath to get his sense back, but the effect was lingering giving him a headache too. he grabbed his head on both sides getting irritated by his father's tone "i won't" he muttered angrily.

the older stood and pushed him by arm onto the wooden floor, "are you crazy? are you intentionally trying to ruin my and your mother's life?" he yelled but the younger chuckled as if the threats were the tickle of his beloved woman's hair brushing onto his skin. "stop smiling you punk, I'm this close of killing you with my bare hands"

he looked into Wonjae's eyes intensely, yanking away from his hands he held the collars of his father fearlessly "why?.. what is wrong with being like that?". Wonjae scoffed before punching him and watch him wincing in pain "everything is wrong when you're like that" he clenched his jaw "our business is falling, our family is breaking, your mother is getting weaker and weaker for spending sleepless days in cold praying for her son to be okay.. everything is wrong even you! i don't recognize you anymore" Wonjae yelled.

Jungkook wiped the blood off his bruised lip with a smirk displaying his mischievousness "why would i care?" he leaned back on his hands watching his father losing his mind. "i did everything for Jeons.. you brought me to this life, ditched me to my grandfather, banned everything from me but for what?.. because you cared for your family title and i had to be your shield to cover up all the disgusting things Jeons did" he brutally voiced his annoyance, but seeing the confusion on his father's face he had gave up on saying anything else.

"what are you saying?" Wonjae asked but jungkook chose silence, he bowed his head and walked straight to the door. wanting to leave as he seemed to be full, full of the hatred and rage he locked in his heart. just a touch and they will overflow. Wonjae didn't know that; he grasped on his arm seeking to find a way to make everything right, but jungkook yanked his hand off turning around furiously he grabbed his father by throat tight enough to scare him but could keep his cool to hear what his son hid inside "i want to die."