chapter14

They all has thanked the heavens for creating such hectic day after a calm night. the blessings almost weren't believable that every slave had greeted each other fondly, yet there were the nobles with greed of authority envying one another.

despite from all there was the emotionless guy standing close to the ignorant girl in disbelieve, after she disobeyed his demand. he knew with every peek of nobles, it won't be as safe for jennie as she thought. yet she managed to wake up early to go and work in the eatery.

he sat close to her who was busy checking on the boiling rice then continuing to cut the meat in small parts. there were the beads of sweat over her forehead and neck, he wondered why couldn't he pull hisself to feel every cold and heat with her. he startled her by bringing his sleeve up to pat on her face, to wipe the annoying perspiration off her fair skin.

she looked up, and saw him close peering into her unsettling eyes. she managed to simper grabbing his wrist halting his movement from skipping low to her neck, "instead of daydreaming.. why won't you go to bring water? i must use it for the meat"

he was hesitant about her request, the last time he left her side they got into trouble. she could see his ambivalence through the way he acted, hence she chuckled holding onto the sharp blade to quick and finish before the time is up.. "the well is not so far.. you still can have your eyes on me taehyung-ssi"

he was dumbfounded by her mischievous eyes that glanced up at him, then back to the cooking tools. he stood unbothered and stomped his away to the deep well behind the chambers of the guests.. "aigoo! rascal" he breathed heavily shaking his head side to side.

for him it was to keep her safe after he decided to help her, but for her it was fun. she kept teasing him or even to trick him by faking her pain, just to brighten the mood for herself through his grumpy reactions.

"why are you so annoying?" she imitated him who was tired of following her everywhere, but before he would scold her more the ahjumma ran panicking, putting an end to their constant bickering.

"aish- you two are still here?" Jennie smiled before turning to the big pots filled with tasty food ready to be eaten. "i prepared everything ahjumma" she announced and the older never seemed happier. she skipped to try a spoon of each, and like the last time the tasteful dishes reminded her of many things belonging to her past.

"with this you can be so rich, but I'll be selfish, and won't give you to anyone.. you can't leave this eatery you have to promise me" the lady held her hands. jennie who shyly smiled, glanced at taehyung. he closed his eyes nodding, which made the ahjumma happier by making a promise.

"i still remember how you held my hand when everyone else had their back turned on me.. do you think money can erase that?" she hugged her, and soon enough the lady called for the noble's guards. to take the food to where it would be served in the reception after the funeral.

"be careful please.." jennie guided them when transporting, and the ahjumma who was excited to be chosen for being one of the chefs during such events pulled her away to where taehyung was sat drawing on the soil using a stick.

"listen you two.. hurry and change your clothes the rites will start-.." "-we aren't going" taehyung interrupted firmly throwing the stick away. Jennie rolled her eyes, and the ahjumma gave a poker face for his rudeness.

"and why is that?" Jennie said crossing her arms over her chest, "what if they recognize you? they all still think the cursed girl is locked in her house, if they saw you out they'll hurt you" and despite his words coming out in worry, yet it struck her heart at how he claimed her.