chapter1

Up on a green hill covered with fresh grasses of early spring days, the children were playing around; the boys were carrying tree branches instead of steely swords going into character of their favorite warriors, whilst the girls sat around in the...

Up on a green hill covered with fresh grasses of early spring days, the children were playing around; the boys were carrying tree branches instead of steely swords going into character of their favorite warriors, whilst the girls sat around in the fields using flowers to make crowns for one another like how the queen of their nation wore.

one could hear their joyful laughters from a mile away, it echoed through the narrow winding alleyways of their hometown nearby.

the houses were built unplanned, yet could give an architecturally shape from afar. the individuals walked around like blood cells creating a beautiful chaos in the calmness of the afternoon.

within the first break of daylight the serene village will come to life, and the starry night will majestically change into constant throb of colors and hobbies.

the wide river running by was the main source of livelihood for more than one generation. the slaves would work from dusk till down fishing, and seeding. whilst the nobles would gather around in the famous kisaeng house enjoying their time, when discussing the newest problem of their well-known place.

the small village was located very far from the capital, where the kingdom was built. yet many considered it as a better place to spend life in; due to its beauty, and the respect between the two main classes which made the whole population.

out of all seasons the village looked best, when autumn takes place. just when the dead leaves fall it gives the area an artsy vibe with different tinges of oranges and yellows, from the top of the hill all the way to the sandy edge of the water. the river would be at it's calmest, and the sky would hold puffs of clouds here and there, making one wonder the realness of it's scenery.

as simple and as beautiful as itself everyone called the town {황금 잎/Golden Leaves}

and just when the night takes over, the fishermen carries their neat walking home tiredly. with the women whom exchanged the latest gossips when making handmade items, closing their shops. the whole family would gather around once again, enjoying their warm dinner with one another.

each was filled with trust and acceptance that no matter what! their hamlet will be at rest. none of them were aware of what was happening each night, when they were asleep and the bad guys were awake, hawking over the houses like a pirate does on its treasure map.

..

one of those nights, three of the villain's men were sent on a mission. through the silence of the night the leader whisper-shouted to the rest huskily "hurry up!"

the three fully black dressed men fearlessly stepped on the rocky rooftops, and jumped from one to the other silently passing by the lanterns like shadows.

looking around the targeted house it seemed like the owner was asleep just like how they planned, and with a quick glance and nod from the one in-charge the other two jumped over the medium sized wall, and quietly made their ways into the hanok house of a slave man.