chapter12

Their steps were taken steady but crunchy on the crusty ground, as they took the road down the hillside. spring has arrived beautiful and full of promises of life. the naked wands of winter were dressed in green leafs again. youth had came as echos in the songs of the birds, and drawings of happy clouds across the sky.

the weedy look alike flowers have bloomed in different colors to everyone's liking. and she was there catching up with all that she missed to witness. too busy she didn't see the eyes of him who was sauntering a step behind, looking at her in silence.

within the moment the back of their hands brushed. her head turned to him who swiftly clasped his hands behind his back. her eyes peered into his disturbed orbs. she admitted to herself that moment. that such concern was only found in her grandfather's eyes, but him who was just a stranger a season ago has reminded her of him very much.

"don't be bothered!. i told you I'm fine" she showed him her healing wrist smiling, before looking down at their steps matching in pace and motion. he only looked away when she didn't leave him anything else to say.

he insisted to leave her at home to restore her strength by resting, but she believed that two weeks at home was enough to heal. she felt bad to let him do the house chores and also work for ahjumma to pay their debt. and as if troubling him wasn't enough, taehyung never complained which worried her more.

"from today on i as the house owner will do the chores, and you as the guest who doesn't pay must help me. we can split it because I'm fine now and i can-" but before she could finish she tripped over her skirt and her vision became blur as she fell forward rapidly.

her yelp wasn't as loud for someone in pain, her squeezed eyes opened to meet with the grass she was supposed to lie onto. "say what?" he snorted sarcastically making her feel embarrassed. before tightening his arm around her waist and pull her back up to his chest.

she cursed at herself quietly, looking everywhere but his eyes that was witnessing her reddish cheeks. "you can't take care of yourself yet, why are you so stubborn?" he scolded her for being careless, and she who felt like dying in uneasiness.

she looked down brushing her thumb across the scar on her wrist. he sighed and placed his hands on his hips looking back at the house wondering what is the best way to take her home even if she resisted.

he grabbed her upper arm taking two steps back up the hill, but she was quick to stop him. "what if i needed something at home and you weren't there? what will i do alone then?" she withdrew from him wondering his thoughts.

when her mumbling voice alerted him, he no longer wanted to leave her alone anymore. "fine" he admit sternly, but before she was too happy he made some rules. "but you won't leave my side, understood?" he warned her.

she smiled and nodded clasping her hands behind her back. it surprised him how with his approval the sad mask fell and she looked as mischievous as ever. "I'm grown up taehyung-ssi did you forget?" she stick her tongue at him, before walking away leaving him standing with his thoughts.

'she will never learn' he sighed shaking his head side to side, before fast walking to catch up with her who was busy pulling the mask over her mouth to cover the half of her face. yelling "yah! watch your steps" but she ignored him smiling to herself secretly.

🍂

for the next twenty minutes. they kept bickering over who was right and who was wrong. it no longer was the same subject but rather a story they created just awhile back when they saw a kid being beaten by his mother. she has blamed the mother for not giving him freedom yet he took the woman's side and believed the kid has deserved it. however, through the little chaos they formed, the eatery has also enveloped with one.