𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 27

His eyes were flooded with blinding light

His eyes were flooded with blinding light. He squinted his eyes and looked towards the ceiling. He woke up sweating and breathless. Scenes from his dream filled his vision. He felt paralyzed. He tried getting up or move himself a bit just to make sure he was actually here. No matter what he couldn't.

His dream felt so real .

He felt himself slipping back into his dream. Except that his dream felt more like a memory.

*knock*
There was a soft knock at his bedroom door. Taehyung wanted to tell them it was open, but words wouldn't form. He managed a weird croak and hoped they would get the idea.

The door swung open to reveal his cousin, a little bleary eyed, as if he had been struggling with nightmares himself. The sight helped Taehyung snap out of his own shock.

He got up and went towards the younger, who inched back timidly.
Ah, here we go again.

"What happened Junnie?" Taehyung asked, he tried to keep his tone as gentle as Jisoo had kept while talking to his cousin.
Suddenly a vision from his dream hit him hard. The searing flash of the lights from the vision seemed to blind him from all reality for a second.

"H-Hyung...", Yeonjun's small voice called out, "Jiminie hyung said he can't come to help me get ready for school."

"So you want me to help you?", Taehyung tried for a kind tone, but he couldn't remember what a tone was or what anything else was for that matter.

The little boy almost looked mortified from the thought.
"N...n.no..," he stuttered, "I-I was h-hopin-g if y-you could c-call j-Jisoo noona to h-h-elp me?"

Of course. The boy hates me.

"Of course Junnie," Taehyung said as sugary sweet as he could, with the biggest and warmest smile he could muster, "I'll ask her to come here and help you."
He reached out to ruffle the Yeonjun's hair, but the little boy ducked and quickly slipped away.

Now, to call Jisoo.

His palm's got sweaty. Why? It's not as if he was going texting the president. He was only texting Jisoo.
Only Jisoo.
Jisoo.
He was texting Jisoo.
He lost all confidence. He just wanted to curl up in a ball and cry. How could he ever get her to like her. He wasn't even sure if he liked her. He only made this bet because he knew that bully would stay away from her this way.

He knew he had to act fast, make his move before the bully got bored of waiting and pulled some stupid stunt to hurt Jisoo.

What was he doing? Oh right, he was about to text Jisoo to help dress his own cousin for school. It was hard not to get salty. Especially since he loved kids so much.

He searched for her contact and sent a simple and short text. Even for being the smartest guy on campus, he couldn't muster up the brain power to make a diplomatically beautiful text.