Chapter 24

Jisoo washed up and slipped into Lisa's old hoodie. She picked up a movie from the shelf and made her way upstairs towards her room.

She cautiously peeped inside the room. Lisa looked sort of upset. She probably was still mad at Jisoo for suddenly leaving in the middle of their sleepover, but she could still make it up.

"HEYYYYYY!", Jisoo screamed as she threw herself on Lisa.

"Oof- Jisoo you are not a toddler.", Lisa scolded and pushed Jisoo from on top of her.

Jisoo held up the movie in her hands, "Lets watch this movie pleaaaassseee?"

When Lisa saw the title of the movie her eyes lit up, "Ok, but only because I love this movie."

That response was enough for Jisoo. She inserted the DVD in and turned the T.V on.
"I'll go get some snacks, you can start the movie till then."

"Sure! Be quick!"

*Ding*

Jisoo looked at her phone perplexed. She carefully checked the message.
Unknown Number?

Jisoo wanted to check the message but she then remembered that she was trying to make up with Lisa so she shoved her phone back in and went back up with snacks

"So..?", Jisoo said, sliding next to the taller, "Can we cuddle?"

Lisa turned her head, with a stern expression and Jisoo felt pretty taken aback. She was inching away a little when Lisa pulled her closer and planted a kiss on her cheek.

"Of course babe! What's movie night without cuddles?"

Jisoo felt herself blush. She hid her face in Lisa's shoulders.

The movie was pretty nice. The story plot was a little cliché but it was fun nonetheless.
A girl who liked another, but of course her beloved liked someone else. She tried everything to protect her beloved but in the end she lost her to another person, and it hurt more to know it was a guy from her past.
It was the dictionary definition of cliché and it was a little sad but it had a great message,
"Sometimes holding on hurts more than letting go."

During the movie Jisoo snuggled closer to Lisa, and the taller draped her arm around her shoulder to bring her closer.

Then came Lisa's favourite scene, but she didn't watch the scene, she watched the love of her life, Jisoo while she watched it.

The way Jisoo's eyes rimmed up with tears, but not blinking, so as to not miss a second of it. The way her lips quivered and formed a bittersweet smile, and how she sniffed a little.
Lisa found all of this so endearing.

Then the line played, "Sometimes holding on hurts more than letting go.",The girl said and kissed her forehead for the last time. She knew she will never be able to do it again, but she held her smile up.

Lisa simultaneously kissed Jisoo's head. Eyes brimming. She let out a quiet sigh. She thought, Someday I'll be in the same position, would I be able to let go?

Despite how good the movie was, Jisoo's eyes began drooping. The exhaustion of the day started to wear in. She wanted to stay awake till the end of the movie but struggled to do so. Lisa was warm and soon she drifted to sleep.

Lisa could feel Jisoo's breath becoming steady and even, and she knew the latter had falled asleep. She smiled, and kissed her forehead again.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Taehyung lay on his bed, unable to fall asleep. He had decided to send a message to Jisoo.

He picked his phone up and checked again, maybe he missed the notification?

Nope.

She still hadn't answered.

Its not as if I care, he thought, why am I acting like a 14 year old?

He set his phone aside again, and laid down.

The day's memories started flooding him. Jisoo's smile. Her comforting words. Her reassuring gestures.

But one thing still struck a pang in his heart, Jisoo was able to be nice to everyone, everybody liked her, even Yeonjun warmed up to her. Why would she like me? I'm not even kind. My own cousin, who lives with me, is terrified of me.

He tossed and turned, such thoughts flooding his mind. He considered calling Jimin, just to be comforted, but he knew it was selfish.

Negative thoughts were still building up, his heart sinking with each.

*knock knock*

He heard a soft knock on his door and ran to open the door. Little Yeonjun was standing there, with his blanket.

Taehyung sat on his knees to be the same height as his cousin. He asked softly, "Jun, what are you doing here?"

Yeonjun fiddeled with his blanket and mumbled something the older couldn't catch. But then it dawned upon Taehyung, that his little cousin wanted to sleep with him for the first time!

He smiled softly and urged his cousin inside. He helped Yeonjun get on the bed and sat next to him.

"Do you want me to read you a story?"

Yeonjun nodded. Taehyung found this endearing and ruffled his hair.

"Which one?"

"The same one Jisoo noona was reading for me.", Yeonjun replied.

Hearing Jisoo's name, his heart did a double-flip. His palms got sweaty and a weird lump grew in his throat.

I might hurt her this way.

He had only thought of showing that bully his place. He hadn't thought about Jisoo. He was going to get her to like him, when he couldn't develope feelings for her.

"Hyung?", Yeonjun called out, cautiously as if scared Taehyung might go all-psycho killer on him or something.

"Sure I'll read it to you. Go bring it."

"Okay!"

I have to do this, otherwise that bully will break her heart.