Chapter 22

Yeonjun tugged on Jisoo's sleeves, as if to hold her there

Yeonjun tugged on Jisoo's sleeves, as if to hold her there. He knew what was going to happen.

"Buddy, I am so sorry,", Jisoo crouched down, "but I have to go home.", She explained in a soft voice.

Jisoo sensed the uneasiness in the boy's voice, she wanted to stay longer, to relax him. But she had to go, Lisa would be furious otherwise.

She bent down a little bit and hugged the boy, she softly caressed his cheek and then ruffled his hair.

"Jisoo-ssi! I-", Taehyung stumbled into the room, his face unsure of what facial expression to form.

Yeonjun let out a small whimper, and hid behind Jisoo. Taehyung frowned at this, but he was used to this. The boy, no matter what, would never try and socialize with him. Taehyung tried everything, even asking him out to ice cream, buying him his favourite paints and spending his scholarship money to get him a skateboard. But the boy preferred to stay with Jimin more and finally Taehyung gave up.

Jisoo was puzzled as to why Yeonjun hid from his own cousin, but then she remembered what Jimin had told her. The older male was used to locking himself up and being cold hearted. On her encounters with Taehyung, every time they spent time together, he was sweet, though reserved. Maybe, the older was like this to poor little Junnie too.

"Jisoo-ssi,", Taehyung put up a smile, "I have something for you."
Jisoo smiled, "Ooh! What is it?", Jisoo asked curiously.
"It's downstairs," Taehyung replied, "I'll show you. Follow me m'lady.", He offered his hand to Jisoo. Jisoo chuckled at his corny-ness and took it.

She turned her head towards Yeonjun, "Buddy, do you want anything before I leave?", Jisoo bent down, not bothering to disconnect Taehyung's hands with her's, it felt quite comfortable, it was a warm contrast to her cold ones.

Yeonjun dejectedly shook his head, "I'll go sleep, Jimin-ie hyung will be mad that I slept late.", He then trudged towards his bed slowly.

The room was small, Yeonjun wasn't far from them. Jisoo sighed inaudibly, wondering why was there so much tension in the air all of a sudden.

This time, she let her hand fall from Taehyung's and went towards Yeonjun. "Hey buddy," Jisoo softly told, "I'll be back tomorrow,", she took his tiny hands in her's and gave it a small and reassuring squeeze, "I promise."

Taehyung felt this emptiness in him when he saw Jisoo talk so easily with his cousin, when he, Yeonjun's own cousin, was having trouble with it.

His mood soured and he just left the room, forgetting about his plan of making Jisoo fall for him quickly. That plan can wait another day.

He walked downstairs and sat on the kitchen table, he saw the plates that were washed and kept back in their place. The leftovers that his Jimin and Jisoo were kind enough to leave for him. He wished that he could've had dinner with them, he wanted to eat with someone all of a sudden, when normally he would prefer eating alone.