Chapter 23

"Care to explain?"

Jimin raised his brows at the younger, tapping his foot impatiently.

"Answer me Taehyung.", He said again, his tone still monotonous but his eyes showed his disagreement.

"I...", Taehyung couldn't understand why he felt guilty under the gaze of the older.

"Please," Jimin kept a hand on Taehyung's shoulder, "Understand, she has feelings too. Please don't play with them.", Jimin pleaded.

Taehyung was taken aback. He cares about her feelings? Why?!

"I won't,", Taehyung said, "wasn't gonna do it in the first place.", He muttered under his breath, quietly.

Once Jimin's glare softened Taehyung asked, "Why are you here anyways?"

"For you Tae.", He gave him one of those sweet smiles that warm up the coldest of hearts.

"Me..?"

"I had to check for your fever."

"But I'm fine now."

"But I still had to check."

"Fine,", Taehyung gave in, knowing that the two of them would start arguing otherwise.

"Now go sleep, I'll leave as soon as I find that book.", Jimin said and went back to his search.

"Fine."

Taehyung trudged up the stairs, anger now building up for no explainable reason.

He got into bed and laid down, his mind thinking of all the things he did today.

He met Jisoo at the library today, he saved her from falling from the stairs, Jisoo hugged him. A small smile crept up his face, and Taehyung did nothing to stop it

Jisoo had been just inches away...

Taehyung blushed thinking of how close they got just in the span of one day.

But then he swatted those feelings away. He was only doing this because he had a bet.

He had bet with the most popular jerk, Park Heejun in the school that Jisoo would fall for Taehyung and not a jerk like him.

There's no need for him to blush or giggle thinking of her. He was just trying to lower Park Heejun's enormous ego.

Now sleep before we're late for school tomorrow, his brain said

Shut up, I know that. He told back to his brain.

With that he closed his eyes and let sleep slowly wash over him.

------

"Lisa, I'm sorry.", Jisoo pleaded. The older had been trying to get Lisa to forgive her for the entire walk back home. Lisa just ignored her the entire time.

"Please?", Jisoo tried mustering up the puppy dog eyes Dalgom makes whenever he want treats. It always worked on Jisoo, she was hoping it would work on Lisa too. Either Jisoo wasn't doing this right or Lisa was immune to the puppy dog eyes.

Jisoo huffed at that and gave Dalgom an accusing look, you didn't teach me this properly.

"Oh c'moooooooooooonnnn...", Jisoo whined. She Lisa's hand and started shaking it aggressively. Lisa didn't respond.