Chapter 28

Bath time was fun!

Yeonjun had tons of fun and giggled through out. Jisoo and Taehyung amused themselves by watching the little boy smile and laugh.

During the bath, Taehyung initiated a water fight and Yeonjun joined too. Obviously, you couldn't expect Jisoo not to join the competition. The bathroom was filled with the happy sounds of giggles.

Jisoo was surprised by how child-like Taehyung was. His kind eyes were crinkled into little cresents the entire time, his boxy smile on show. Jisoo's heart melted at the precious sight. Watching him being care free with his little cousin made her question how anyone could have ever entitle him as an Ice prince. He had such a warm personality.

Jisoo found herself staring at Taehyung playing with his cousin, imagining him as a father. She couldn't do anything more but admire his beautifully endearing personality.

After they were done, it looked like Taehyung and Jisoo had also taken a bath.

After the bath, Taehyung dressed up Yeonjun in his uniform while Jisoo packed some lunch for him.

"Who's ready for school?!", Jisoo called out enthusiastically and an equally enthusiastic reply came,
"MEEEEEE!", from the little boy, followed by Taehyung's warm laugh.
The two males came downstairs, Taehyung holding Yeonjun's bag for him while yeonjun merrily skipped around.

"When will the school bus come?", Jisoo asked, handing Taehyung the tiffin box.

"It should be here any minute," Taehyung replied, placing the box inside, "but I thought of dropping him off at school today."

"That's probably a good idea," Jisoo agreed, "that man could intercept Junnie somewhere along the way."

Taehyung hummed in response. He was watching his cousin look through a colouring book.

"I'll come." Jisoo suggested.

"It's alright Jisoo-ssi", Taehyung said, "you've done more than enough to help me." Taehyung looked at her with a warm smile. She felt herself melting into a puddle of warm mush.

Why tho?

"It's alright Taehyung-ssi, I really want to come along for Yeonjun.", she smiled looking at the boy, who was currently amusing himself by drawing a picture.

"It's ok," Taehyung assured her, "you need to change for school too."
"I am wearing my uniform." Jisoo told him.

"Yes," he agreed, "but a wet uniform.", he pointed out, "You'll catch a cold. It would be better for you to change into a dry one."

"Why don't you give noona your uniform? Your uniform is dry!", Yeonjun piped, "I really want her to drop me to schooooooll."

"That could work," Taehyung told the young boy, "Jisoo-ssi please follow me."

--

Jisoo was now standing in Taehyung's room wearing his spare uniform, while her own was drying on the 'chair-dryer'. The clothes obviously were a loose fit. She was wearing his sports uniform. She had to cuff the bottoms of the trouser and pinch in the waist to make it stay. The jacket was rather more of a dress on her, hitting right above the knees. The sleeves creating another few inches of arm for her.

She looked at herself in the mirror. She looked like a toddler dressed in clothes too big. She felt stupid. But also, strangely, safe. No matter how stupid she looked, she liked this feeling of his oversized clothes on him. It felt like a safe and cozy blanket draped around her. 

The clothes smelled clean and bright, like a happy summer day. The scent made her feel warm and fuzzy on the inside. She could stay there forever describing the weird feeling she was getting from this but just then Yeonjun gave a loud call, "NOONA!"
--
"I am going to tell Soobin that noona and hyung dropped me at school today!", Yeonjun told them excitedly.

"He's my best friend!" he informed Jisoo, "Choi Soobin!"
Jisoo laughed and Taehyung ruffled his hair lovingly.

"Aish!" she scolded, combing the little boys hair out, "you're messing his hair up!"

Taehyung laughed warmly. "Be a good boy at school," he instructed, bending down to Yeonjun's height, "And don't go home with anyone else. Hyung will come to pick you up."

"Okie dokie hyungie", he said "Bye bye hyung and noona!". Yeonjun then disappeared into the school building, skipping happily.

"We should get to our school too then," Jisoo said.

"Should we?", Taehyung teased, "The day is young and so are we, wanna run away?"

Jisoo hit him on the shoulder, "Come on Mr. Senior, you'll be late."

-------

All along the walk Jisoo was preoccupied. She kept fidgeting with the hem of the shirt. She would keep pulling it down, then scrunching it up. She kept reaching to her hair and trying to fix it, but if it was helping she didn't know.  Jisoo dabbed her face lightly with her hand, and then aggressively wiped her hands across. She then proceeded to roll her sleeves up, then down and then up and down again. This went on for a few minutes.

Preoccupied, Jisoo missed the ledge and slipped. Taehyung held his hand in front of her just is time for her to land head first into his palm. Not exactly the best way to be caught.

Taehyung's hand stiffened at the realization. He became frozen like a statue. Jisoo rose her head up so abruptly and swiftly that she fell back due to the force. Luckily for her, the older had overcome his embarrassment to catch her right in time.

His arms were still encircled around her waist, "Is anything bothering you Jisoo-ssi?", he asked with concern

Jisoo looked up at him, his was face quite close. Jisoo felt her blood rushing to her cheeks. "Nothing," she waved her hand, "I'm just clumsy."

Taehyung fixed his gaze on her but withdrew his hands and moved directly in front of her.
"Are you sure?" he asked, "You've been awfully distracted the entire time."

"It's really nothing," her hands once again found the hem of the shirt, "I was just..." and she trailed off, again busy with the clothes.

"Is it uncomfortable?" Taehyung asked, bending a little to show his sincerity.
"No, no," Jisoo quickly denied, "I enjoy spending time with you."

Taehyung's face and ears reddend, his lips unconsciously playing a small smile. "Thank you, but I was asking about the clothes."

Hearing that Jisoo froze. She mentally cursed at herself. She let out a small, embarrassed laugh, "Oh no no not at all, haha", she said waving her hands around, "they're so comfortable, like so nice and soft.", she pulled at the fabric to show him how comfortable his own clothes are.

Taehyung laughed at the answer. "Then why do you keep tugging at it?", he asked in a low voice.

"You wouldn't understand.." Jisoo said, looking down. She couldn't tell him---

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------