Chapter 29 Starting Over

~From last time~

Can we start over and maybe be friends?" She asked looking at me with pleading eyes.

I took a deep breath and answered..."Sure..."

~Ok now~

I shut my eyes waiting for a response from her.

"Really?" She said with a gasp.

"Y-yeah, you seem sincere. Besides, I want to get to know you more only if you're comfortable with it of course." I said with an awkward grin on my face.

'Careful, you might seem desperate there.' Hazel spoke in my head.

She sighed like she was relieved about this. 

"Alright, how about we meet up after school maybe? Is by the end gates good enough?"

"Sure!"

As I said that the bell rings meaning that we'd have to go to class.

"I'll see you after school then?"

"Yup, see...you then."

We both walked out of the restroom and went to our classes. Our teacher wasn't in the classroom and the students were just conversing with one another. I put my bag next to my desk and got the necessary materials out and placed them on my desk.

"Luna!" A familiar voice chimed. "Where were you? I didn't see you anywhere bud."

"Oh, hey Evie! Sorry I wasn't there I was just reapplying some makeup nothing much really."

'Liar' Hazel said in my head.

I sighed as the teacher walked in and grabbed our attention. I put my elbow on the desk and rested my head into the palm of my hand listening.

~Lunch~

As the school bell rings I leave my English class after turning in my exam, for the day into the basket that was on the table. I made my way to the cafeteria and paid for my lunch then I went to my table to find my friends already there. I smiled at them as I sat down by Addi. We talked mostly while eating our food. I wasn't really paying attention and just looked at different corners of the cafeteria. Then I took a glance at Skylar who just so happens to be at the table in front of ours. She gave me a glance at smiled at me causing me to smile back at her.

'What are you doing? You're spacing out again Luna pay attention to your friends!'

'What do you mean Sage? I am.'

'No you're not, you're obviously looking at-'

'That stunning young lady over there. If so then yes!' Lexi said with excitement.

'Stop starring at her you're going to creep her out!'

I look away staring at the table.

'NO! Have you never heard of gay eyes V'?'

'I don't care about what it's called just stop! She might think it's weird-'

"Luna? You ok there?" Jackson said waving his hand over my daydreaming face.

"Huh? Yeah, I'm ok! Just stuck in a daydream you know."

"Yeah, sure," Evie said with suspicion. "Did you get enough sleep bud?"

"I don't know I fell asleep during Aladin. So that might mean something. Right?"

Before they could question me further the next bell rings saving me just in time.