Chapter 32 Advice

_Luna's POV_

The days flew by quickly and my relationship grew quickly with Skylar. Last week she moved to our table just across from me. Since then I've been getting more nervous around her. I chose a dress for the dance that was going to be outside this year. Excited as I was I kept it to myself. I went to school the day of the dance it was normal for the most part to have regular classes until lunch. Half of the school already has dates of any kind. We got out lunches and started talking about the dance that's happening in the courtyard. I just stayed quiet and kept to myself looking out the window spacing out.

"So are you going to the dance tonight?" Jackson asked.

"Not like we have a choice huh," Brody said in a smug voice.

"Good one Bro," Addi added.

I didn't know why but Addi always called him bro. They weren't siblings or anything but it was just odd to me.

"What about you Luna?"

I turned my head to see Skylar glancing at me for an answer.

"I- um yeah! I am! D-Don't worry!"

'Great going Romeo. Way to smooth out the tension.' Lexi bombarded.

My eyes widened when they sparked a bit of pink.

'Lexi! What did Sage tell you about talking to Moon during school!" Hazel retorted.

'Not to do it unless we're summoned.'

'Yeah, drama nerd go away so she can focus-!'

"Oh, great! We can all hang out there then!" Evie cheered.

"Yeah, tonight's going to be fun isn't it," Brody said with a sigh.

"You bet it is! With all of us there it's going to be one hell of an experience."

"Oh, come on Addi don't be like that."

"Jack, I can be what I want to be. So kindly drop it."

"I didn't really do anything but I'll drop it. Just saying you've been acting strange lately. Is there something wrong?"

"No, I've just been studying for that test and barely got any sleep this week."

"Oh, maybe you should take a nap before the dance then."

"If you say so."

We heard the bell and we left for our final classes. After school, I went to call dad until I heard Skylar call for me.

"Hm? What's up?"

"Well, I was thinking that maybe we should hang out before the dance?"

"I'd love to but my dress is at my house but you're welcome to come if you want and continue from there."

"Yeah, that'll be fine!"

"Alright, I'll text him to pick us up then. In the meantime what do you wanna do?"

"I don't really know."

My head panicked as I tried to keep things at a minimum. A few minutes go by and he came and took us back to the house.

"Dad you seem weird. Is Roman and Remus at it again?"

"No it's Virgil and Remus argued about what movie to watch."

"I thought he wasn't allowed to pick since every time he does it was just about mass murder documentaries."

"Heh, remember fifty ways to murder?"

"Oh god."

"It's not that bad my dad watches it with my mom a lot," Skylar said.

"Interesting," I confirmed.

By the time we got there, I was surprised the place wasn't on fire or have any windows broken. We got inside and I showed her where my room was while I went and put my bag on its hook. I soon went upstairs as well and saw her looking around.

"This is your room?"

I remembered that there were a lot of posters on my walls as well as a pride flag on the roof of my closet.

"Y-yeah. What about it?"

"It looks good. You're a fan of My Chemical Romance too?"

"Oh yeah, I sorta am. You can sit on the bed if you'd like."

She nodded sitting down and taking her shoes off putting them by my nightstand.

"So why did you wanna hang out at my place again?"

"I just wanted to I guess. You seem cool to hang out with so I said why not."

"Ok. Do you want anything like a drink or a snack?"

"Do you have some soda?"

"Yeah. Do you want me to get you a can?"

"If it's not too much."

"It's no problem. I'll be back then."

I shut the door and made my way downstairs and went straight to the fridge.

"Is everything ok Lu'?"

I turned to see Virgil by the counter.

"Yeah, I'm fine. Just a bit nervous."

"About you're 'friend' being up there and going to the dance and seeing her in all of her glory." He said using air quotes.

"Yeah- Wait how did you know?"

"Violet."

"Of course."

"Word of advice. Don't go by Lexi or Roman and ask her out right away or the minute you see her. Try to build a stronger relationship and see what kind of person is she really. And if she is a jerk to you I won't suggest trying to make it happen for other reasons."

"Oh, thanks, Virge. I really needed that. Do you want one?"

"Sure." He responded playing it off as cool.

I gave him one and held the other two in my hands.

"Oh, yeah can you make sure that Roman doesn't have his 'tantrums'?"

"Yeah but can't promise anything."

"Deal."

I went back to my room and put the drinks on the nightstand where Skylar was on my bed. I really thought about Virgil's words that day. Maybe I didn't know her as much as I think I did. We talked about who do we think is going to ask out who and what are the chances of the relationship lasting. Until I got on the topic of her ex-boyfriend.

"I doubt Richard going to be with anyone."

"Doubt it. He's been hanging around with Penny recently and you know how that goes. Are you going with anyone to the dance?"

"Not that I know of. Are you?"

"Eh, probably not."

"That makes the two of us." She said holding up her soda making the cheers motion.

I gladly clicked my soda against her and we both drank a bit from our sodas. Maybe Virgil was right. Maybe we're better off as friends for now at least.