Chapter 31 Crushing

_Luna's POV_

I lied there in my bed confused about what I should feel. On one side I'm happy, but on the other, I'm quite scared. I counted my breaths as I sighed. There was nothing I could do about this. She wouldn't like me anyway so why worry about it.

'What's the point? I barely know her and she barely knows me,'

"One step at a time Luna. Don't make it obvious and relax." I say to myself.

"Luna. You do know the phrase 'Beauty can deceive' yes?" Hazel said sinking up.

"I've heard it enough. Why?"

"Well, all I'm saying is that if you do like her. Take it slow and don't rush it. Also, make sure it's not built off of lies."

"What if she's not what she seems? What if she is straight? WHAT IF-"

"Alright stop spiraling into your what if's. I'll probably tell you what to do knowing that the others will get irrational about all this."

I looked at Hazel desperately. She just sighed and ruffled my hair a bit making it messier than it already was.

"Heh, thanks, Haze."

"No, problem."

All of a sudden I heard the door burst wide open and then dad's voice rang out with excitement. Lexi sank up here quickly out of surprise.

"Yeah, not going into that one that's for sure," Lexi spoke.

"Heh, must've gotten the lead after all," I said with a smile. "Should I-"

"Yeah, be a witness," Hazel said shooing me.

I rolled my eyes playfully at her and went to the staircase. I saw Joan, Thomas, and the other sides with them doing the lines for an episode.

"Dad? Is everything ok- Oh hey Joan!"

They waved at me and Dad saw me leaning onto the staircase.

"Yeah, everything's alright for the most part! Do you want to help us out, Lu?"

"Sure!"

~A few hours later~

We decided that it was enough for the day and Joan went home. We put everything up and relaxed for the rest of the day. My mind never faded from the events that happened today. So I decided to ask dad about the strange feelings I've been having.

"Hey, dad."

"What is it kiddo?"

"How did you know that you liked Nico?"

He froze for a minute like he was deciding whether or not he should say it.

"Well...you know that mall food court where all three of us usually hang out at?"

"Yeah,"

"It's quite funny really." He said coming over to sit on the other side of the couch. "I saw him over there and my heart fluttered like crazy, almost like love at first sight if you wanna call it that. I was pretty awkward and tried to approach him. When I tried to get his attention non verbally I ended up knocking over a trash bin. Making a complete fool of myself, but in the end, we befriended each other over...boiled mail carrots."

I snorted trying to hold in my laughter. I give up and snickered.

"I thought you didn't like carrots!"

"W-well...I don't but I ordered them by mistake."

"Mistake 'he said," I spoke mocking him playfully.