Chapter 14 Completive Gaming Sessions

I looked over at the staircase to see Jenni looking tired as ever. The others just glared at her in either worry, confusion, or anger. I walked up to her to see if she was alright.

"Hey, how are ya feeling?"

"I don't know at this point, Luna. That star is the only thing that's even keeping me here besides the memories."

"Well to be honest it does look like a tattoo," I said with a smile.

"Wait a minute. A star? What does it have to do with anything?" Dad asked.

Jenni rubbed her eye once more and leaned onto the staircase.

"Well since a certain person was in her life for some time and let's just say he was horrible to her. One day he did...well this." She said revealing the six-pointed to the others. "It's on all of us just in different colors." She explained.

Dad's sides were angry- no they looked like they were wanting to kill Nick for what he did. Logan being the logical one eased himself before asking.

"What's his name and where is he now Luna?"

"Logan his name was Nick he's in prison now for now at least," I said with heavy breaths.

"Alright, so there is no reason to worry-"

"No reason to worry! That guy could be out there doing god knows what and there's not a good reason to worry about that Logan?"

"Virgil I only tend to worry when it's necessary to. Let me remind you that you can't worry without logical reasoning."

"Logan a problem with that is that they do so anyway because at that moment they didn't see the logical perspective in that situation." Sage retorted.

"Well, what are we supposed to do then?"

"Well to start Violet we just keep our cool and save it for later."

"Yeah...sure like it's that simple to do," V said in sarcasm.

"Well, what can distract you from worrying?" Dad asked.

"Why not...a game! We have those right?!?" I said in sudden excitement.

"Actually yeah there somewhere in here."

We searched the house and eventually found a couple of board games. We decided to do video games afterward to make it even out.

"Alright, what first?"

"Let's take a vote," Dad said brushing some hair out of his eyes.

Not even a minute after he said that Roman snatched Janus's hat.

"Hey! Did you not listen to me last-"

"Calm down snake I'll give it back...eventually."

"Roman I swear!-"

"Ok kiddos that's enough." Harper interfered.

Janus just hissed and stuck up the middle finger at Roman.

"Roman look- oh wait there it goes." He said making his hand go up in the air.

Roman just stood there in shock but ignored him aways. He took out the hat and Logan gave each of us a blank notecard.

"With the notecard that you have write the game that you want to play. Roman don't rig it this time."

"Fine."

I saw a devious smirk crawl onto Lexi's face as she wrote something down as quickly as she could. I didn't know what she was even doing but I just put in a random answer and put it into the hat. After that, I saw Janus trying to fix his messy hair once more. Roman snapped and got onto a stool that was in the corner to announce what game we're playing.

"Alright the game we're playing is...'Chaos. Where it never ends' with 7 votes. Impressive." Roman said.

They laid out the game on the table and took out the pieces. We each took a different piece each being different colors and shapes. I just took a black dice knowing that the sides will most likely fight over the other pieces. After about ten minutes they chose their pieces. Something felt off about this game I brushed it off as nothing thinking that Lexi is taking her creative advantages once more. Lexi went first and she rolled the dice and got a six. She moved her princess character that many times.

"Yes! I'm ahead of all of you suckers!" She said with her 'evil' laugher.

"Oh, you haven't even started malady that was just luck!" Roman said not surprised.

"Sure just luck he says," Raven said with a smirk glaring at the two.

"For once I agree with you!" Lexi said dramatically.

"No kidding a prince vs a princess the match is on for the two."

"Logan where did they even get these small characters from?" Janus asked.

"They simply got it from different games and put it in one. So they could bet with monopoly money and draw five extra uno cards."

"And this was one of the options."

"Exactly."

The game lasted for hours going back and forth on bragging about who's going to end up winning. In the middle of it, Janus and Hazel just decided to watch the game from the sidelines. It wasn't long till Logan and Sage did the same thing bored from all of the rambling they were doing. It was easy to tell that Jenni wasn't trying to win probably to avoid conflict. It was all up to the others now on who wins.

"Uni!" Harper shouted.

"Harper," I said, trying to contain my laughter. "The word is uno, not uni," I said.

"Uno! Now draw three monopoly cards, Harper!!" Lexi said in a demanding manner.

"Lexi those are mostly 'get out of jail free cards' they don't mean anything," Jenni said with a small smirk.

"Oh yeah." She said while blushing out of embarrassment.

All of a sudden a card was slammed onto the table by not one but two hands.

"Uno dorks!" Raven shouted.

"Impossible!" Lexi and Roman shouted back.

"How did both of you win exactly?" Sage asked from the distance.

"Simple we teamed up!" Remus responded.

"I call that cheating but it's anyone's rules really," I admitted while dad hummed in response.

"Roman how could we be so blind?!? We could've done that the whole time Roman!"

"Well it's not too late we could go on the gaming system and race those two." He said pointing to the intrusive thoughts.

"Alright then! We challenge you two to seven races on Mario Kart!"

"Is this because you two lost to our grand victory and now wanting a rematch?" Raven said mocking Lexi and Roman.

"Bring it on!"

Right after Remus said that they race to the controllers and grabbed one and started the game. I saw dad smiling at them.

"Dad..."

"Huh? Oh yeah, what's up?"

"I just wanted to say that these couple of weeks have been the most fun I've ever had and for that I thank you."

He just smiled at me and ruffled my hair a bit causing me to laugh softly.

"Anything for you sweetie." He said sweetly to me.

All of a sudden he got a call and told me to stay there...I wonder what it's about...

.

.

.

.

.

.

(Hey guys I've been thinking of having a one-shot book just for like sander sides stuff you know. I think it'll be good so I could boost my creativity a bit and have good ideas for future chapters. Would you guys like me to do that? If not it's completely fine. Alright, I have to tune out so have a great day/night peps!💜)