Chapter 18 Unexpected

I went outside of the building to call dad. I looked around to see if anyone has followed and thankfully no one did so I took out my phone to call him. Soon he picked up on the other line.

"Hello?"

I heard hissing noises in the background and it caused me to flinch.

"D-dad? What is going on over there? Are you alright? Is there a snake there or something???" I said worried.

"Luna it's fine it's just Virgil and Janus having their hissy fits. Are you alright dear?"

I was relived whenever he answered back.

"Yeah I'm fine I just need you to pick me up."

"Shoot! I forgot about that! Just stay there I'll text you whenever I'm there alright?"

"Alright I'll see you then bye!"

"Bye kiddo."

He hung up and then Violet came up out of nowhere causing me to yell by mistake.

"Once again you're forgotten about how does it feel Lu Lu?" Violet said unsurprised.

"V you know exactly how I feel about this. Besides he's new at this I can't really blame him for doing that by accident."

"But what if it wasn't accident?"

"Still I'm not suprised you asked that. He has to do his own things at home remember? He still has to talk to Joan and all that."

"Yeah, yeah home whatever. I'll get you someday."

"I bet you will."

"Why are you so calm about this?!?" She said getting annoyed.

"Because I was expecting this. At the old school I walked home."

"At least you gotten your exercise sweetie!" Harper said coming up to.

"Harper this is my time not yours!"

"Sorry I couldn't help myself!"

"I know you can't just go you can come once she gets home alright?"

She nodded before leaving.

"V, how about you go too I don't want anyone to see you guys alright you can pester me later."

She nodded and was about to leave until I heard voices behind me. I mouthed V to go before it was to late and so she left

"Who's there show yourself!"

I started to shake whenever they said that so I put my phone in my pocket and put my hands up in the air so they won't see me as a threat.

"Oh it's you. What are you doing here kid?" Jackson said reveling himself.

"I just was on the phone with my father sorry." I said putting my hands back down.

"Nah, you're fine but I could've sworn I heard someone else here is it just you?"

'You better not say anything about us Luna!' Hazel said in my head.

"Nope. No one here except for me." I said trying to lie my way out of this one.

He didn't seem to buy it one bit but didn't say anything.

"Heh, whatever I'll see ya later then Lu." He said waving and walking off.

I couldn't help but sigh in relief.

"V, it's safe now. Well I hope so."

"What the hell was that Luna?!? You almost blew your cover!"