Chapter 17 School

~Three months later~

Things have gotten a bit easier in the summer before school rolls around. I despised and feared school or at least my old one. Before school ended for the summer the students thought it would be funny to shove me into a locker and leave me there for five hours before the janitor had to let me out of there. Why couldn't I just leave? I'd wish I could but the staff wouldn't allow me to. Now that I was going to a new school I didn't know how to feel about it. On one side I was terrified and on the other, I was excited for a brand new start something that I desperately needed. A week before dad and I went to many clothing stores for both of us and to get my school supplies. Soon the light was flicked on as someone started shaking me.

"Sweetie it's time to get up," Dad said.

"Alright, I'll be down there in a sec."

He left the room and closed the door. I got up and gotten ready for the day. I was wearing a black long-sleeved shirt and some blue jeans with my red hoodie tied around my waist. I put my hair in a low ponytail and put on my necklace. Once I was done I took my phone off of my nightstand and put it in my bag. I sighed and started to talk to myself.

"Alright just don't say anything unless told to. Don't do anything stupid. Alright just don't stand out and this will all-"

"Wreck your non-existent ship. What are you thinking Dust?" Lexi said stoping my speech.

"Obviously she's preparing for the worst Lexi remember the last time she has almost gotten in trouble for having us defend her?" Violet said back to her.

"V, with that kind of mindset she'll have a miserable time there do you really want that for her?"

"No, but she just wants to be prepared for that situation. If she isn't she'll get hurt"

"Oh, I'm sorry I didn't know a storm was coming at three o clock! Buzzkill!"

"Whatever being exited gets her nowhere."

"And you think overwhelming fear and terror can solve it?"

"Yes- I mean no! No!"

"Alright, both of you!" Sage says abruptly. "I'm sick and tired of your tomfoolery. Moon is obviously trying to get herself ready for the day and if we keep on with- whatever this is she'll be late. Isn't that already troubling enough to be new and late to school?"

"Yeah but-"

"Violet I'm sorry but we need you to calm down. If you want this to go smoothly we need to be calm about it all and see what will happen. Now you both are needed by Harper so I suggest you go."

They both sighed and left leaving me and Sage. Sage took a deep breath before putting both of her hands on her shoulders while Harper came up as well.

"Look Luna that 'speech' of yours has never worked for you so Harper and I were thinking that you should stop using it for yourself," Sage said calmly.

" Just look at yourself for you kiddo. Not just some girl that needs to hide her true self anymore. You are you and you need to stay strong not just for us but for Thomas as well. Can you do that?" Harper said with a caring smile on her face.

I smiled back before hugging them both and realizing them once more.

"Thanks, guys I really needed that."

"You sure did. Now go you don't wanna be late on the first day."

"Alright see ya."

The left probably to find the other two and I glanced at my room one last time before leaving it behind. I went downstairs and grabbed a snack bar from the cupboard and started eating it until it was gone.