Chapter 7

Tw: Swearing
[Eden POV]

I spent most of the next couple days in Snowchester with Tommy, Tubbo, And Ranboo.

Most of the Time it would be Tubbo and Ranboo doing some specific thing, Tommy destroying something- or just getting in Ranboo & Tubbo's way, along with me either following him or doing my own thing.

Today I was laying with Godzilla, Tubbo's Arctic Fox, inside Tubbo's house while he and Ranboo make a water tunnel, and Tommy is doing stuff for his hotel.

Godzilla has fallen asleep so I got up and headed to Tubbo's basement.

Multiple villagers stood in one blocked off area of the basement with stands for their respective jobs stood, while the other side was lined with chests of materials.

I quickly found the wood chest, grabbing a stick and 2 spruce planks. I headed back upstairs and used the crafting bench to make a wooden sword.

I had recently learned that Tommy was 9 when he fought in the L'manburg revolution. I was almost eight and didn't know how to fight at all. I knew Tommy wouldn't teach me so I decided to try and train myself.

I'll be honest, it was a dumb idea.

I went to a bit in the forest not to far from Snowchester, just outside it's walls. Found a good looking tree, and just started hitting it with the sword.

I made a few dents in the bark, small slashes dotted around the trunk of the tree.

'This isn't working.'

I dropped the sword and feel back, laying down on my back in the snow, trying to catch my breath.

I definitely exhausted myself after attacking a tree for an hour and a half.

'I need to someone to train me, or I need to see someone else train. I don't even know what proper combat training is supposed to look like.'

I heavily sighed.

"Fuck."
I know I'm not supposed to swear but no one is here anyway so it's fine.

I sat up, looking back towards Snowchester to see Tubbo and Ranboo looking around the house.

'Shit-'

I quickly ran up, forgetting about the sword laying in the snow as I booked it for the house.

Tubbo noticed me running down a hill from the house.

"EDEN!" Tubbo waved me over to him. He had already noticed me so hiding was futile.

I got down the mountain and Tubbo continued talking.

"Where did you go-? We couldn't find you anywhere. Are you alright?"
Tubbo seemed like he'd been really worried, I felt bad for scaring him like that.

"I'm sorry."

"No no no, it's okay. We're just glad your safe. Come on let's go inside till Tommy gets back."

Tubbo held his hand out for me, I took it.

Tubbo has always been really nice to me, he cares a lot even though he hasn't known me for very long. He has a very kind and trustworthy atmosphere as well, I get why Tommy always talked about him so much.

Me, Tubbo, and Ranboo all stayed in Tubbo's house for the rest of the time. They didn't push why I was outside, which saved me an awkward explanation.

It slowly descended into night fall and Tommy returned to Snowchester. He stayed with us until it was fully night, then Ranboo had to return to his home, wherever that was, but me and Tommy did as well. Tubbo waved us goodbye as we walked on top of the water tunnel, back to the house.

Tommy brought me inside, picking me up and laying me down in my bed, we exchanged a goodnight as he headed to his room.

I laid in my bed, wide awake.

'I have to learn how to be independent somehow. If I don't then the moment I need to I'll end up dying.'

My gaze changed to look at the bag and shoes that laid across my floor.

'Sorry Tommy'

~~~~

I cautiously walked the prime path, I wasn't hiding but if I could avoid as many people as Possible that would be ideal.

Pulling out the book I was given by Dream I double checked the cords.

It led to a small hole in the wall built into a mountain.

I hesitantly crawled inside, watching for anything that looked like a trap.

The passage way led to a relatively small room, chest going wall to wall with no other noticeable things in the room.

'bottom chest to the door.'

I opened the chest Dream's directions led me too.

The chest was relatively empty besides 4 items, an enchanted crossbow, a stack of arrows, an empty book and quill, and an old looking beanie.

I picked up the crossbow, it's enchanted glow nearly blinding me in the dimly lit room. I checked the enchantments on the bottom, squinting to read the words carved into the bottom of the crossbow.

Mending |
Power V
Unbreaking |||

It wasn't the best, considering it was also on a little over half durably, but it was way better than anything I'd be able to get on my own.

Slipping it into my bag along with the stack of arrows I checked through the book, it was just empty.

I decided to take that as well, I'll find a use for it at some point.

The last thing was the beanie, it was definitely old, it was worn and had a small rip near the back. But the one thing that stood out the most was the writing on the inside of the beanie.

Wilbur Soot.

I paused.

'Dream had Wilbur's beanie? How- Tommy told me Wilbur died ages ago.'

I found myself still taking the beanie, holding it with me rather than keeping in the bag.

I crawled out of the house and snuck under the prime path.

I heard footsteps pass above me. I waited for them to fade before sprinting back to Tommy's and making a quiet dash to my room.

All the lanterns were still off and Henry was still sleeping when I got to my room.

I removed my shoes and took the bag off. Placing both on the floor and sitting in my bed staring at the beanie still held in my hands.

'I wish I could've met Wilbur. I really do. I know Tommy told me he blew up L'manburg and died but, he was exiled from his own nation and forced into a difficult situation. I don't blame him for not being the most mentally stable.'

I sighed, laying back on my bed while clutching the beanie in my hands.

Abruptly sitting back up I put the beanie on and walked over to the jukebox, inserting a disk and playing the song through my headphones as to not wake Tommy.

'You know it takes a lot to move me'

I often played Wilbur's songs. I wasn't sure why but they reminded me of an old feeling I couldn't quite pinpoint.

'So If you figure it out tell me'

I sat against the stone walls, knees at my chest. My arms crossed atop my knees and my head laid in my hands.

'I'll trace figures on your smile lines'

I felt my eyes get heavy, it was always hard for me to make it through these songs at night. I always found myself falling asleep half way through them.

'Work out formulae to cure me'

I closed my eyes, focusing on the lyrics as I drifted off.

'And I'm lonely, there I said it'
'Nine million people'
'I always seem to add them up'