Independence [Special Chapter]

An: THIS IS NOT A CANNON CHAPTER!!!

This is the hypothetical chapter of off Eden was present in the original war for L'manburg.

This has no correlation with the cannon storyline of Miniinnit.

A fellow warning this is a LONG chapter of HEAVY ANGST. Please read at your own discretion, even I cried as I wrote this. I am so sorry but I put so much work into this that I kinda have to post it. Would also like point out this chapter is 3.9K words.

I apologize in advance, enjoy the chapter.

TW: Swearing, Gore, Heavy Angst, and Death

[Third person POV]

Hearing Wilbur's voice command Dream's team to leave their land brought pride into Tommy's chest. Straightening his posture to stand proudly beside his elder brother.

The war between the nations had been going on for some time now.

L'manburg, the poorer nation, had taken most of the casualties. Besides that, they seemed to to have independence just with their reach.

Smiling proudly, Wilbur turned back towards his men.

"Well then boys. I believe we're in the need of some food!"

Shouting it agreement of his statement, the five boys ran back to the van.

There were eight total members of their nation.

Wilbur, the President.

Tommy, the Vice President.

Tubbo, the Secretary of State.

Niki, the baker, often referred to as First Lady.

Eret, the strategist.

Fundy, the medic, and Wilbur's eldest son.

Jack, their recruiter, who wasn't currently on the land.

And Eden, Wilbur's youngest.

Entering the Caravan, the troops together surrounded a large table in the main room. Seconds later, Niki walked in the room carrying food for the young soldiers. A small Eden in pursuit.

Together the two placed food on the table. Tommy scooped Eden up once they weren't holding anything, Tubbo following and tickling the child, laughter filling the van.

"Okay you three, take to eating before you run around." Wilbur laughed, watching his brothers in their few moments of joy, considering their situation.

Eden was sat between Wilbur and Tommy, though they would've happily sat between any on the members, their unconditional love for their family being unmatched.

Wilbur's hand reached under the table, tapping Eden's hand three times with two fingers.

It was a small gesture Wilbur had always done with Tommy as a child. He learned it from Techno, who'd learned it through Phil. It meant "I love you". A simple yet sweet reminder they would frequent.

Dinner was filled with conversation and laughter, the group leaving the van to eat outside around a campfire they'd set up for nights just like this.

The night was warm, all previous worries of the war seemingly disappearing.

One after another, the three children fell asleep.

Eden was around 8.
Tommy and Tubbo were about 16.

They shouldn't have been involved in the war to begin with. However, any place outside their wall would only be more dangerous for them.

Unbeknownst to the troops, three men lurked outside the walls of their nation.