Chapter 32

An: I was originally planning on writing a chapter a week but after the recent lore...I'm speed running this baby-

So enjoy the fluff before the storm

Cw: Swearing, Eating
[Third-Person POV]

Within the following weekend, Tommy, Eden, and Shroud had all returned to their home.

After a few hours Eden and Shroud were left in the house, Tommy leaving momentarily to participate in something for whatever an "ely-tray" or something of the sort was.

Eden spent the time repairing small holes in the walls. Letting Mini Henry wander around the house, and doing their best to keep the sleeping baby spider asleep.

A few hours into cleaning a pit of anxiety settled in Eden's stomach.

Dreadful anxiety washed over their thoughts.

Swiftly looking around Eden's eyes laid on Shroud and MH. They'd fallen asleep together, nestled away in in corner of the room.

Eden's shoulders dropped. They tried forcing their breathing to return to a stable melody, it didn't seem to help.

"They're okay. We're okay. Everything is okay."

Eden's eyes shifted to the view of the empty paths outside. The faint outline of the prison hardly visible along the horizon.

"They can't hurt us."

~~~~

Tommy arrived home to the sound of a powered stove and light chops on wood.

Dropping his belongings at the door, he'd pick them up later, he wiped the dirt off his face and walked to the kitchen.

"I'm home!" He announced, entering the doorway.

Shroud was sat on a counter, a stuffed sheep in two of his hands as he watched Eden chop carrots with probably more concentration then necessary. At the sound of Tommy's voice, Eden set down their knife and stepped down from the stool they'd been standing on, grabbing Shroud under his arms before running to hug Tommy.

"Ommy!" Shroud squeaked. His previously tired demeanor replaced with childish enthusiasm.

"How was your competition?" Eden questioned. Running back to their half cut carrots and throwing the sliced bits into a steaming pot on the stove, stirring the large wood spoon that'd been propped up inside the pot.

"Welll-" Tommy started, implying immediately he hadn't won, but that he didn't despise the outcome. "It wasn't that important anyway. Who needs an elytra anyway-"

Eden giggled at his antics, knowing full well that he was being salty about the results.

Shroud was scooped up by Tommy and set in a high chair between him and Eden, before plopping down in his seat. Shroud really didn't have a high chair he just had a regular chair on top of some large books with a fence gate bolted to it. He liked it though.

Eden leaned over to grab three bowls and carefully split the contents.

Carrot and Rabbit stew, is what Eden had made. Something basic they'd learned from Tubbo.

Eden brought each bowl one at a time, they were hot and they didn't wanna spill any.

Shroud's first, then Tommy's, then their own.

Sitting at the table together they all began to eat, quite aggressively, as a matter of fact.

Well they tried too.

All three residents have a bad habit of scarfing down food the moment they get it. This was, however, pipping hot soup directly off the stove.

"AH- ow-"

"AH FUCk-"

"ahH"

They all burned their tongues.

A series of panicked pain echoed through the house. All sticking their tongues out and waving their hands around in unison.

Gasps of pain soon turned to eruptions of laughter as they all saw the same mistake be repeated through all of them.

"Hahaha my tongue burrnns." Eden dragged out.

Shroud giggled in his chair with his tongue sticking out. Gripping his spoon tightly in his tiny hands.

Tommy chucked, taking shrouds spoon from him and blowing on a spoonful of soup before bringing it to his mouth. The young spider chomped down on the spoon. Smiling as he actually tasted the food.

"Ank ou eddi!" Shroud shouted, his broken English not mixing well with his mouthful of food.

Eden chuckled before taking their own spoonful of food, giving Shroud a thumbs up.

The three laughed and talked whilst enjoying their food. Actually behaving like a regular family. A nice, safe, and happy family.

Though that never seems to last, now does it?

Eden's anxiety plagued their thoughts as they finished dinner, Tommy taking their dishes to the sink.

Eden hadn't been able to have normal family dinners since they lived with Sally, and even then, Wilbur and Fundy were no where to be seen.

Shaking the thoughts from their head they took Shroud out of his chair, he latched onto their back as they headed to the bathroom.

"Are you bathing Shroud?" Tommy called from the kitchen.

"Yeah! I cooked so your on dishes, meaning I bathe Shroud!" Eden shouted back, reminding Tommy of their rotations.

~~~~

All three had now bathed and were laying in bed together. Shroud was already fast asleep between the two as Tommy laid on his back and Eden on their side with their eyes closed, not yet asleep.

"Eden?" Tommy called, voice quiet to not wake the spider baby.

"Hm?"

"Do you and Shroud not want to sleep in your own rooms? You know you guys don't have to come sleep with me every night."

Eden was slient for a moment. "Nope! We all share all of the house. Plus if we have nightmares we're already here!"

Tommy face of worry turned into a smile.

"Alright, Goodnight Eden."

"Goodnight Tommy."